LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

The waiting period is to keep the roots safe and to let them heal from a rough transport

This. Although roots are a little overrated when it comes to succulents. Some astrophytum keepers will even go as far as cutting some the roots every time they repot. They believe it makes the plant grow stronger roots

But yes, this is why waiting is important. A plant can only handle so much change in a short amount of time

Succulents are very resilient. I'm very hopeful they'll bounce back just fine :hugs
Thank you for the reassurance, :hugs I've heard that too that they are pretty strong little things. But I worry over everything, their little lives matter to me. I'd be heartbroken if one dies. 💔 I am staying positive, and I will keep you updated! 🌵

From the photos you shared, the only one that looks slightly "damaged" is the one with a lot of variegation. All the others look OK to me. Some just have roughed up soil
They were all standing up in the box except this one that was laying down on its side, some dirt spillage in the bottom of the box. And of course I'm sure the box was not handled with care in the mail! I should go add some dirt...

20240415_130548.jpg

Thank you for the reassurance, :hugs I've heard that too that they are pretty strong little things. But I worry over everything, their little lives matter to me. I'd be heartbroken if one dies. 💔 I am staying positive, and I will keep you updated! 🌵

Even if a part of it dies, you can almost always bring them back. Last year I got a cactus (actually it was two specimens, one having two babies) that had severe root rot. One morning, the two largest "parts" had falled, because their base was so rotten it couldn't hold them up. I cut them up until there was no more rot, and left the healthy parts to dry off for a couple of days, maybe more. Then I planted them, watered them, and about a year later, the plant has doubled in size

There's always hope :hugs

They were all standing up in the box except this one that was laying down on its side, some dirt spillage in the bottom of the box. And of course I'm sure the box was not handled with care in the mail! I should go add some dirt...

View attachment 3802204

Is it actually on its side, or are there just multiple babies coming off it? A soil top up isn't a bad idea

Back
Top Bottom