LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

Hoping the other eggs are still alive, and maybe even the sideways chick is taking a break?

:fl
That was my original thought too that she might be resting. But I opened the incubator and wiggled her egg and she was deathly still. So yeah no she's gone. Also I think she's starting to smell so I definitely need to take her out. If she somehow comes to life and starts screeching at me when I pick her up out of the incbuator I will happily put her back.

@fluffycrow Look what arrived today! They are looking tired and a bit dormant. The instructions said to water them immediately and leave them in their containers for a month before transplanting. I assume to wake up and recover from shipping? I hope they all survive!

IMG_20240415_095906606.jpg

I also stopped at the nursery and picked up some flowers and tomato plants. Just got them planted, I want to get some hanging basket flowers soon too. Oh and I found one of those Grafted Cactus? I just had to have it. :p

@fluffycrow Look what arrived today! They are looking tired and a bit dormant. The instructions said to water them immediately and leave them in their containers for a month before transplanting. I assume to wake up and recover from shipping? I hope they all survive!

View attachment 3802158

I also stopped at the nursery and picked up some flowers and tomato plants. Just got them planted, I want to get some hanging basket flowers soon too. Oh and I found one of those Grafted Cactus? I just had to have it. :p

Yeah, two don't look too great, but they'll probably bounce back after getting some water, and sun. The variegated one looks the worst from what I can see, but it has the most brittle leaf structure out of all of them, so that's to be expected

I'm certain they'll love their new home, and congrats on the grafted cactus!

Yeah, two don't look too great, but they'll probably bounce back after getting some water, and sun. The variegated one looks the worst from what I can see, but it has the most brittle leaf structure out of all of them, so that's to be expected

I'm certain they'll love their new home, and congrats on the grafted cactus!
They are starting to look a bit better after this past hour after watering. Yes one of the Variegated looks bad but it hopefully it bounces back. These were the 2" plants, maybe I should order 4" next time? As soon as they wake up in a few days, they are all going outside in a semi shady spot until they acclimate.

Here's the grafted cactus... :p
20240415_124943.jpg

They are starting to look a bit better after this past hour after watering. Yes one of the Variegated looks bad but it hopefully it bounces back. These were the 2" plants, maybe I should order 4" next time? As soon as they wake up in a few days, they are all going outside in a semi shady spot until they acclimate.

Here's the grafted cactus... :p
View attachment 3802170

It's possible that larger specimens will do better. It must be durability rather than size. So a sedum, or something else with thick, waxy leaves, might do better being shipped than something like a philodendron. Do you have any closer photos of the most battered succulent, maybe we can help.

Cute! Looks like the gymnocalycium at the top has some babies

Back
Top Bottom