LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

Hey, cactus twins! I think I have the same one, but my spines are red
Cactus lovers unite! :highfive: These barrel cactus can grow to biblical proportions, 🤣 I hope I can keep it under control. About 10 years ago I bought a tiny little barrel like button cactus, not exactly sure of the exact species, but its about a foot tall, 4" wide, just huge! It needs to be repotted, I need to go find some decent gloves first cause it's spiny!

Cactus lovers unite! :highfive: These barrel cactus can grow to biblical proportions, 🤣 I hope I can keep it under control. About 10 years ago I bought a tiny little barrel like button cactus, not exactly sure of the exact species, but its about a foot tall, 4" wide, just huge! It needs to be repotted, I need to go find some decent gloves first cause it's spiny!
I really need to repot mine. It's about as large as the opening In the pot is now

I know with smaller cacti, you're supposed to wrap them in newspaper to safely handle them. Maybe cardboard for this beast?

I think I need a cactus/succulent buying intervention, I just can't stop purchasing these things! :barnie Our nursery expanded this year to add a LOT of succulents, I have never seen such variety in this town!

View attachment 3803917

Great decision if you ask me :D !

I have your exact barrel cactus species (golden barrel cactus, aechinocactus something...), maybe the one onthe right too!

I know with smaller cacti, you're supposed to wrap them in newspaper to safely handle them. Maybe cardboard for this beast?

Yup, that's what's recommended. I'm too dumb for that though, so I got stabbed a bunch of times. Said F it, and repotted it with my bare hands, only got stabbed once

Barrel cacti are a PITA to repot

Yup, that's what's recommended. I'm too dumb for that though, so I got stabbed a bunch of times. Said F it, and repotted it with my bare hands, only got stabbed once

Barrel cacti are a PITA to repot
I've already gotten prickled a couple times today just moving them around! 😂

Go Barrel Cactus! :highfive: How big is your barrel? Will this one become a monster? 😂

Don't ask me too much about barrel cacti. They don't seem to do so well on me. They're a very arid species, and with all the rains we got over the winter...the verdict is still out if my cactus is alive or not. Mine's not too big. Has grown a lot since I got it, but not too much. They're slow. Supposedly takes around 15 for them to reach flowering age. If you ask for my not so professional opinion, I'm not buying it takes that long

Back
Top Bottom