LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

Fluffy, do you think I can put both of these together in a container about 3x bigger than each individual container? View attachment 3808936
They want to dry in-between waterings fairly quickly and all the way dry with tons of direct sunlight. You can do a biggish pot but I'd try for something shallow that doesn't take up a lot of soil so it doesn't stay wet for too long. Soil with good drainage (sand/pumice/perlite) added will really help! Sempervivum are pretty easy to grow so you should do well.

(I worked in a plant shop for years and currently tend to gardens where I work now)

They want to dry in-between waterings fairly quickly and all the way dry with tons of direct sunlight. You can do a biggish pot but I'd try for something shallow that doesn't take up a lot of soil so it doesn't stay wet for too long. Soil with good drainage (sand/pumice/perlite) added will really help! Sempervivum are pretty easy to grow so you should do well.

(I worked in a plant shop for years and currently tend to gardens where I work now)
Yeah, I know about the water, I just can't find if these prefer crowded pots or not. I know some plants like tight confines, but since they're spread so much already in their pots, I would like to move both of them into one larger pot if they can be

Also not sure what these two are. The tags were for assortments. The burro is known though
20240422_171946.jpg

Yeah, I know about the water, I just can't find if these prefer crowded pots or not. I know some plants like tight confines, but since they're spread so much already in their pots, I would like to move both of them into one larger pot if they can be
Yeah they want surface area to spread, that's why I suggested a shallow vessel. I'd find something a few inches deep with tons of horizontal room! My childhood home had a hill next to the front door that was super rocky and my mom planted it and it took over creating a carpet of plants!

Yeah they want surface area to spread, that's why I suggested a shallow vessel. I'd find something a few inches deep with tons of horizontal room! My childhood home had a hill next to the front door that was super rocky and my mom planted it and it took over creating a carpet of plants!
Okay. I have buckets I use for most of my stuff now, but I'll fill it with gravel for most of it so it drains easily. Would trimming some of the Littles off each plant to propagate be too much at the same time of transplanting? Or will that be okay to do at the same time?

Okay. I have buckets I use for most of my stuff now, but I'll fill it with gravel for most of it so it drains easily. Would trimming some of the Littles off each plant to propagate be too much at the same time of transplanting? Or will that be okay to do at the same time?
You can take them off if you want, they root easily, leave some stem it can root from.

Back
Top Bottom