LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

I've been doing a lot of work in the duck pen today, I'm shattered.
I dug several worms, I'm pleased to report. They were a perfect peace offering for my girls (I was wearing absolutely TERRIFYING gloves, and had to earn their forgiveness).

Sprightly was in such a fright, I'm convinced she was thinking that I had demons trying to eat my hands off. Any time I went near her or gestured in her direction she'd speed away yelling at me- "keep those monsters away from me!! Don't touch me! Agh!!" :gig

They were a *little* less scary when presenting delicious earthworms.

Awww. Yeah, critters love hosta. They should do fine in a large planter. Pretty sure they'll need winter protection though if you go this route. Heck, you could just bury them before the ground freezes then pot them up again in the Spring.
I'll probably stick them in the basement for winter (stays between 40 and 55F usually) if I keep them. Can they have a lid on if I do that, or do they still need light/airflow when sleeping?

Someone tell me why my Olive Egger hen keeps trying to challenge me
Does she have babies? I had a surprise last night, bent down to see why a hen was where she was and she about hit my face because I was apparently trying to hurt her babies.

So.... yeah. I got babies.... yay 😐

Does she have babies? I had a surprise last night, bent down to see why a hen was where she was and she about hit my face because I was apparently trying to hurt her babies.

So.... yeah. I got babies.... yay 😐
If you need to get rid of them, I’m open :D

I'll probably stick them in the basement for winter (stays between 40 and 55F usually) if I keep them. Can they have a lid on if I do that, or do they still need light/airflow when sleeping?
If you go with a lid, make sure the soil is dry so it doesn't induce rot. I don't know off the top of my head if they need to freeze or not, though.

If you go with a lid, make sure the soil is dry so it doesn't induce rot. I don't know off the top of my head if they need to freeze or not, though.
Okay. I could probably punch a few holes in the lid too. But if it has a lid, I can at least stack light stuff on them so they don't take up quite as much room as if they had no lid

Back
Top Bottom