Libby's pumpkins

EweSheep

Flock Mistress
14 Years
Jan 12, 2007
Land of Lincoln
Anyone know of the outcome of having canned pumpkins this year for Thanksgiving???????

I hate to see another "shortage" again!
barnie.gif

We didn't have a shortage.
hu.gif

If the Food Lion was out of it...I think they did run out.... then I found it at the SuperWalmart. I have 4 cans in the cupboard since I love pumpkin. Yummy side dish with butter and brown sugar.

We had a shortage last year, and most of the stores were out of them. Only the generic brands did ok.

Pumpkin breads, pumpkin pies, pumpkin/cream cheese roll cake, delicious!

I guess it must have been mainly up North, we had plenty on the shelves here. But if you have another shortage you can sub butternut squash for pumpkin in your recipes and you won't be able to tell the difference. Just cut the squash in half, spray it with Pam and lay it cut side down on a foil covered baking sheet and bake it for about an hour. Let it cool and scoop the meat out with a spoon. Measure and add to your recipes. I grow them in my garden and use them in place of canned pumpkin.

I remember that shortage!

I found some at Costco and bought several cans. I will start looking again soon so I will have plenty for the holidays.
I was going to grow some sugar pie pumpkins, but our spring was wet and cold and with our short growing season, there wasn't time to get them going soon enough for them to mature.

They were probably all at food pantries. I used to do volunteer work for a couple of charities, and when we had canned food drives, it seemed like canned pumpkin and canned cranberry sauce were the two top donated items.

I know LOL!

The generic pumpkins and cranberries do NOT taste like the expensive brands....I'd like the good brands when it comes to something special for my family!

Robin

Back
Top Bottom