Lice help 🤢

The yellow poop is worrisome, and could be a sign of a reproductive infection or liver problem. If I had any antibiotics, such as amoxicillin (Aqua Mox) which is available online at Allivet.com, I would start some @ 250mg twice a day for 10 days.
Unfortunately RI passed a new law and i cant get antibiotics without seeing a vet. I will check the site. But i had no luck a few months ago when i needed some for my roo.

Are they available in Massachusetts or Connecticut? Might be an option if they can't be shipped to you. Do a search for Aqua Mox, see if anyone will ship to you. It's a fish antibiotic and outside the regulations generally as no one is going to see a vet for fish. If you have an ornamental fish store/supplier, they may carry it also.

Are they available in Massachusetts or Connecticut? Might be an option if they can't be shipped to you. Do a search for Aqua Mox, see if anyone will ship to you. It's a fish antibiotic and outside the regulations generally as no one is going to see a vet for fish. If you have an ornamental fish store/supplier, they may carry it also.
Seems like i can buy it here...but takes 1-3 days to ship. Idk if she can wait that long.

I will see about a local fish store. Has to be one.

Left over people antibiotics will work until you get the fish mox. (also called aqua mox). Usually, as the others have pointed out, these laws against over the counter pet antibiotics do not include fish meds as these are labeled "not for human consumption". Most online pet pharmacies will ship to states with these laws as long as it's a fish medicine. (which is actually the same, just a different label. But don't tell the morons who write these dumb laws.)

Left over people antibiotics will work until you get the fish mox. (also called aqua mox). Usually, as the others have pointed out, these laws against over the counter pet antibiotics do not include fish meds as these are labeled "not for human consumption". Most online pet pharmacies will ship to states with these laws as long as it's a fish medicine. (which is actually the same, just a different label. But don't tell the morons who write these dumb laws.)
I have people amox 500 mg caps. How would i give it to her....mix in water and syringe?

No. No mixing. It's important to give her the proper dosage. The way I do it is to dump the powder out of the capsule onto a plate. Divide the powder into two little piles as equally as you can. Don't fret too much about it, though. A short dose today will be compensated with the larger pile tomorrow.

I use a little cube of bread dipped in olive oil to sop up the powder. Give this immediately to the hen. If she doesn't scoop it right up, pry open her beak and push it in. This is bitter tasting, so sprinkle a little sugar on the bread after you sop up the powder.

No. No mixing. It's important to give her the proper dosage. The way I do it is to dump the powder out of the capsule onto a plate. Divide the powder into two little piles as equally as you can. Don't fret too much about it, though. A short dose today will be compensated with the larger pile tomorrow.

I use a little cube of bread dipped in olive oil to sop up the powder. Give this immediately to the hen. If she doesn't scoop it right up, pry open her beak and push it in. This is bitter tasting, so sprinkle a little sugar on the bread after you sop up the powder.
Thank you. Just gave it to her. I hope its not too late 🤞

So today, she is slowly moving her head from side to side. 😢 Any idea on this?

I gave her water and a few pellets. Making her an egg to eat. Meds again soon.

Attachments

• Untitled design (1).gif
    Untitled design (1).gif
    16.9 MB · Views: 9
The head turning looks a bit neurological. Is she able to move her legs and wings? Vitamin E 400 IU with just a little cooked egg for selenium is good to use in case of neurological issues.
I do have some selenium gel with vit e. She was standing ok this morning but not really walking. She is very weak. I will check the wings.

Back
Top Bottom