Licking County Ohio Sweet tempered Dominique rooster

chicknmania

Free Ranging
17 Years
Jan 26, 2007
central Ohio
Please, Patrick is looking for a new home with his own hens. He is three years old and has spent his whole life here,
but he has decided he doesn't want to deal with other roosters and he would rather be a house rooster. However,
living in our garage is going to get old pretty quick! He is the best natured rooster, would never think of attacking anyone, and is very smart.
I will miss him very much if he finds a new home, but he deserves better. He's in very good health. Pictures available. Will deliver locally.

Thank you. I've seen that article before, though it's a good refresher to re-read. I've tried most of that stuff and our flock does free range. This rooster has been with us since he was a chick....three years &. He's never had a problem, has always been in the mid to lower range somewhere in the pecking order, but I've never seen anyone bothering him much, so I don't know what happened. We're trying to let him stay in our garage at night, where he's happy to be....and he's been venturing out with the flock just a bit more since we've had some really nice days. But in winter, he's gonna have to go back to the barn in a pen, if he can't blend back into the flock and return to the barn at night. I just thought he'd be happier with just hens if he could find a home that way. He's a sweetie; no vices.

Thank you. I've seen that article before, though it's a good refresher to re-read. I've tried most of that stuff and our flock does free range. This rooster has been with us since he was a chick....three years &. He's never had a problem, has always been in the mid to lower range somewhere in the pecking order, but I've never seen anyone bothering him much, so I don't know what happened. We're trying to let him stay in our garage at night, where he's happy to be....and he's been venturing out with the flock just a bit more since we've had some really nice days. But in winter, he's gonna have to go back to the barn in a pen, if he can't blend back into the flock and return to the barn at night. I just thought he'd be happier with just hens if he could find a home that way. He's a sweetie; no vices.
That’s strange how he had a sudden behavior change. Maybe another rooster fought him and he went lower in the pecking order? Sometimes that can make them act like outcasts.

That’s strange how he had a sudden behavior change. Maybe another rooster fought him and he went lower in the pecking order? Sometimes that can make them act like outcasts.
That's what we think but there isn't a mark on him. They don't usually fight much; just sparring some. He's definitely not on the bottom, because I've observed two other roosters who avoid HIM. It is strange. I think he just figures he has it made. :lol:

Here he is. 20201013_114230.jpg

Back
Top Bottom