Life is changing for us, and it is not for a positive reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no! I'm so sorry Debi
hugs.gif

I'm sorry to hear that, Debi. Hopefully, it is basal cell - everybody tends to freak at the word "cancer," but that one isn't so bad. There are a lot of treatments, but they are all local, since this is a cancer that typically is found in skin and stays put. Praying for you both, as always!
hugs.gif

I hope it is basal cell, I've had some, and they leave a scar, but that's much better than the alternative. I also hope you can both keep your spirits up. Like you needed one more thing, right?!? Best wishes.

Bad news, but as Bunny Lady says, maybe not as bad as it sounds. Several family members of mine have had Basal cell tumors removed, mostly from their faces, without further recurrence. Keep your hopes up.

My husband had one removed from his hand years ago, and its fine and my sister has had one skin cancer and one precancerous lesion removed from her face last week, and all is well. This will be ok!!! Thoughts and prayers coming your way!

Well what we do know now is that when he went to the skin center, they removed 5 growths and he goes back in 3 weeks for 5 more to be removed and that pattern continues until they are all removed. Each and every one will be tested. We are praying for basal cell carcinoma because those can just be cut out, or squamous cells because those can be scraped off. The big worry right now is waiting for the pathology on that huge lump he had removed from his hand. He has several months worth of appointments to remove growths.

I am big on prayer, so if anyone wants to offer them up, I am willing to let you. I also know that without my faith in God this journey would be a heck of a lot harder to deal. I have been blessed with each and every one of you, as well as several people in Facebook that continue to lift us up.
hugs.gif

I watch every day for your updates - and think about you and Ken each time. What a roller coaster you two have had! But each time things have turned out, and despite the setbacks I believe they will continue to do so. Our thoughts and prayers are always with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom