Life is changing for us, and it is not for a positive reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for my absence. I had to get over a mad I had going on for a bit. Ken's son is here and has been for three weeks and he is eating us out of house and home. I am NOT happy about that because he is spending his unemployment payments on $80 bottles of whiskey and hasn't offered once to help out. And he knows that we are sitting on our butts because we have no money. DUH!!

My chicks are already out with the big gals. I had them in a separate pen and when I came home last night they had all managed to get themselves in with the big girls. How, I have no idea. I clipped their wings!

Good to hear from ya, gal.
hugs.gif

There's a saying about house guests and fish - after 3 days, they both stink.
roll.png
If Ken's son has been there for 3 weeks, he has gone beyond "guest" status and is pretty much a resident. As such, it's only reasonable that he do his share about the expenses of keeping him. This gets a little tricky because he's Ken's son - where is Ken in this? Ideally, Ken would be the one to go to him and say, "Look, we're glad to have you here and you're welcome to stay here, but Debi is working her tail off and we still can't pay all of the bills. We need you to help us out." That way, he can't say you "threw him out." If you take that approach, you should also have a number in mind about how much he's supposed to "help," otherwise, he could hand Ken a $20 every week or so just to get him off his back and not really make the situation any better. Of course, he may decide to leave rather than come over with the cash, which isn't such a bad thing either, right?
wink.png

Great to hear from you again, Debi
hugs.gif
I'm sorry to hear things are so tough there though. You really do not need this with everything else you are dealing with. Bunnylady gave you some good advice. Put your foot down with that boy.

Hmm, ok you are forgiven. Sounds like a drag - family can sure be a pain at times! Hope Ken is feeling OK, and that you are finding joy in your chicklets.

I will be happy to talk to the son if you think it would help :D . I could think of many things to say to him. Talked to my BF's worker's comp insurance handler and got him an Ortho referral and MRI scheduled within 20 minutes. Without raising my voice, I might add - just left him in a fog of "pain and suffering" and " interference with medical care".

We have both agreed that when he gets his unemployment check, we are taking him to Greyhound. Ken knows as well as I do that there is no way we can afford to have him around anymore.

On the good news front, since Ken has been on meds for diabetes, his hand and stomach wounds have completely healed!!! So strange, we never knew!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom