Life is changing for us, and it is not for a positive reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in! I'm ahead of y'all 'cause I may still have Debi's mailing address from a few years ago when I passed the BYC traveling mascot to her. Hee Hee (grins and chuckles.....muahaha). :)

yesss.gif

Hi Deb,
Have been reading your thread for a few months now and recently joined BYC. I am a retired ER nurse and so am well familiar with folks in Ken's circumstances. Of course I only get to see them in the worst of times. In fact, I have spent a lifetime seeing folks on the worst days of their lives. It is good to be retired. Although I always told my patients that I was very grateful that I was being paid, because even though my employers didn't know it, I would do my job for nothing because I loved it so much.And I sincerely meant that.It gave me an opportunity to meet truly brave and inspiring people like you and Ken on a daily basis. I love visiting your thread and finding you marching on toward your wedding day. I wanted to join your pack of friends and realized with a jolt that you don't know me and this is my own fault because I have been silently following you without adding my support to your effort for months now. MY prayers have been with you and Ken and I continue to pray for you on a daily basis. I was raised in Santa Barbara (a few years ago). Graduated from Montana State University for my third career as a nurse. Practiced around the US and spent most of my career in Colorado with my DH. We are now retired in Montana with 50 chickens. Haven't had chickens since my DD was in 4-H and I guess we got a little carried away with the amount of our first order. My DD is a grandmother now. Please count me in your group of friends, praying for you, awaiting pictures and wishing to join the gift giving contingent. Also, I just retired and can still answer any medical questions for you.
Gail

Hi Deb,
Have been reading your thread for a few months now and recently joined BYC. I am a retired ER nurse and so am well familiar with folks in Ken's circumstances. Of course I only get to see them in the worst of times. In fact, I have spent a lifetime seeing folks on the worst days of their lives. It is good to be retired. Although I always told my patients that I was very grateful that I was being paid, because even though my employers didn't know it, I would do my job for nothing because I loved it so much.And I sincerely meant that.It gave me an opportunity to meet truly brave and inspiring people like you and Ken on a daily basis. I love visiting your thread and finding you marching on toward your wedding day. I wanted to join your pack of friends and realized with a jolt that you don't know me and this is my own fault because I have been silently following you without adding my support to your effort for months now. MY prayers have been with you and Ken and I continue to pray for you on a daily basis. I was raised in Santa Barbara (a few years ago). Graduated from Montana State University for my third career as a nurse. Practiced around the US and spent most of my career in Colorado with my DH. We are now retired in Montana with 50 chickens. Haven't had chickens since my DD was in 4-H and I guess we got a little carried away with the amount of our first order. My DD is a grandmother now. Please count me in your group of friends, praying for you, awaiting pictures and wishing to join the gift giving contingent. Also, I just retired and can still answer any medical questions for you.
Gail
Thank you and I am glad you finally found your voice to join with all of us. This thread is my catharsis - my way of talking about it without talking about it. Private from family, as none of them EVER come here, they aren't even registered or interested in chickens. So I am able to talk about things here that I can't on Facebook.

Santa Barbara is gorgeous! Then again, so is Colorado. I would love to live there. But, we can't leave the desert because any increase in humidity just puts Ken down for the count. So here we bake, I mean sit.

OK OK this is gonna be random (sorry i havent checked on you in the last 4 days
hugs.gif
) but Alaska is REALLY dry
big_smile.png
Just kinda, well, a wee bit cold
hide.gif

Hope Ken is busting like a bee all the way to your wedding
hugs.gif
And if I was old enough I'd join the flock to help you out with a target gift card

OK OK this is gonna be random (sorry i havent checked on you in the last 4 days
hugs.gif
) but Alaska is REALLY dry
big_smile.png
Just kinda, well, a wee bit cold
hide.gif

Hope Ken is busting like a bee all the way to your wedding
hugs.gif
And if I was old enough I'd join the flock to help you out with a target gift card
That is really sweet!!!! I do no think either of us could handle the cold in Alaska. Though there are places that are less cold, they are still dark much of the year. And you can just give us your smiles and hugs as a gift and that is perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom