"Life with AD/HD" thread

Many people with ADHD have experienced improvement in symptoms after identifying and eliminating "trigger" foods. "Triggers" can be different for everybody and even "healthy" foods can be triggers. If anyone's interested in learning more, I have some info about food sensitivities on my website (I'm a Registered Dietitian specializing in food sensitivities) - https://www.getwellified.com/. I know it's tough dealing with a condition like this, especially in kids, but there are other options out there that might help.

Any more helps for Adults? ADD is just one of the many diagnosis over the years...lots of allergies, asthma, sleep disorder, celiac...

well I still ADHD have some other problems but hey who can complain I really think with a farm it helps out really

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so thankful to find this thread. For years I have researched. I am so thankful to find others willing to share. I am looking forward to checking out the food site and how its affects.

Here is what I have found out that does help.
Pure Essential Oils. The prices vary. These oils are pure and are used for many things. Please go to www.everythingessential.me for anything that ails you, this is your information center. Then to buy products go to www.mydoterra.com/newoils to purchase the pure oils. These range from ADHD, ADD, Focus, Memory, Acid Reflux, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Wet Macular Disease, Colitis, Crohns, MS, inflammations, fungus and the list goes on. I use deep blue on our animals where an antiseptic is needed. You do not have to register to sell this product. Click on the tabs at the home and look for your protocol, then go to check out, this should pull you up all different kinds of oils and oil blends to choose from with descriptions of what the oil is used for. This has been a great asset to our family. If you have any questions please feel free to email me at [email protected] I will be glad to help with any and all information that I can. I have used supplements and researched for a long time to find out that the oils are great along with supplements.
Make the www.everythingessential.me work for you. Put in the search bar what you feel think or need then click on home protocol tabs oil tabs to find out what works. You then would buy from the www.mydoterra.com/newoils click on check out, shopping skip all the rest unless you want to be a distributor. I have researched for years for our family going to the Natural Stores asking, asking, and researching. Oh I am so thankful for you, your information and posts. I will help you in anyway that I can just email me. These are pure oils not oils that additives in them (other cheaper oils).

Examples Are:
Serenity,Vetiver,InTune, Frankencense, Lavender
Calming Blend

Stress is a major contributor to illness and disease, in fact, it is estimated that more than 90% of all visits to health care professionals are related to stress. Serenity is a blend composed of individual oils with known calming properties which create a sense of well-being and relaxation. Lavender, sweet marjoram, roman chamomile, ylang ylang, sandalwood and vanilla bean create a subtle aroma ideal for aromatic diffusion or topical application. Applied to the bottom of the feet at bedtime, dōTERRA Serenity is an excellent way to promote restful sleep. Added to a warm bath Serenity creates the perfect escape with its peaceful, renewing fragrance. For topical or aromatic use.

Send me your email I will send information.
I am leaving town in the next couple of hours. I will try to post for you also information by Sat. I love helping others and it is awesome
when others help others. I am thankful for what is proven and true and folks that will share.
[email protected]

well I still ADHD have some other problems but hey who can complain I really think with a farm it helps out really

I will agree that having a farm most definitely helps. Being connected with others with farms helps tremendously, and talking with others that talk to you with same helps tremendously.
We perish for lack of knowledge we all can help each other. I love this site and the people that are willing to share. Awesome. I know about a farm because I worked with children from single digit age until age of 28-having a farm helps tremendously, sometimes having free access to help, work, and see a farm in the raw helps if you are involved.

I have ocd and gad I feel like i have no luck and I need hlep

www.everythingessential.me (search site)

www.mydoterra.com/newoils (site to purchase from)

I will help in anyway that I can. Email me [email protected]
Have a blessed day!

Summary

OCD is a type of anxiety disorder that leads a person into a repetitive cycle of thoughts and compulsions that, for the person, need to be performed almost ritualistically. The person may well be aware of the cycle but often feel a strong urge to repeat them even to the point of disrupting their normal life.
Some of the unusual thoughts or fears are fear of germs or disease, fear of failure, a need for orderliness, a need to count or enumerate or a need for reassurance. These thoughts can lead to compulsions such as repeated washing or cleaning, unwillingness to touch others or things, constantly counting or rearranging, feeling a need to do routine tasks (eating or toiletries) in a specific order or collecting certain items.

Protocols to help:
Oils, blends & products recommended:

Oils & Blends: Balance, CypressC, Frankincense, GeraniumC, LavenderC, Patchouli, Ylang YlangC
Essential oils based products:
Also consider:
Bergamot, Purify, Sandalwood, Serenity
Note: to understand the E and C superscript go to Home and scroll to New Helps.
Suggested protocols:
Many suggest using Patchouli, Balance or another of the recommended oils in a roller bottle and applying it behind the ears, on the wrists or on the bottoms of the feet 2 or 3 times daily.
If the odor is inviting rubbing 2 - 3 drops on the palms of the hands and cupping them over the nose and inhaling deeply is another successful application technique.

Experiences and Testimonials of others

Charly - Ideas? I've been researching OCD for a friend. Usually it’s a secondary issue to other things, so you treat the primary condition first, then the OCD. However, in this case, it's the primary diagnosis. I need some help.
Kristina - Someone had mentioned Patchouli for OCD and I have been using it for OCD with success. 3 drops under the belly button or the bottom of the feet daily or I do it even more often if I feel like I need it (location information is from the Emotional Healing book by Daniel Macdonald). I even gave a sample to an OCD friend and she said she felt more laid back after 1 application.
Lynn - Patchouli worked wonders for my daughter. Behind ears, on wrists, bottom of feet with roller bottle a couple times a day is what we did.

Jen - I have a friend whose life is consumed by OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) and I would like to help her out. She's a new mom and at a breaking point. I have checked others opinions and the recommendations are cypress, geranium, lavender and ylang ylang. I am wondering if anyone has their own formula that works for them. Also, what's the best way to apply them?
Emily - The Emotional Healing book recommends Sandalwood, Bergamot, and Purify for OCD.
Lynn - I have seen Patchouli work wonders for this. Just apply as needed behind the ears, bottom of feet and wrists.
I had a friend, a girl that was suffering from OCD. It was pretty bad. We tried a number of oils with no success. Then we tried patchouli and it helped immediately. After a week or so, she quit using it and the OCD started to come back. So she used it again for a few weeks longer and then quit and she has had no symptoms since! She had applied it twice a day, using a roller bottle, behind the ears and on bottom of feet. It's very exciting when you realize this has saved her from a lifetime of medications!

Mitchell’s Mom - I use a blend, peaceful child for my elder son who has anxiety, with much success. I am looking for information and another blend for my younger son who has PDD-NOS and anxiety with tendencies for OCD and some ADD. I have tried many oils and have not found the perfect match yet. I have read everything on Autism, but found nothing about sensory. I am diffusing wintergreen every night while he is sleeping which is helping him the next morning in his preparation for school. Big improvement! I am dealing with a developmental delay of the executive function of his brain—frustration, tolerance and flexibility. Any information would be helpful!
Kristy - Hi! I am a mom of a 3 year old boy that also has PDD-NOS, OCD, ADHD, speech delay etc. We were introduced to DoTERRA because of him 1 year ago before we knew what he had. We started with Balance and Serenity on the back of his neck or spine every 4 hours. Huge difference in him! I have tried the Peaceful Child Blend on him and I don't see results. My 10 year old ADHD/Anxiety daughter has huge results with it though (off her meds because of it). For now we are using Balance on his spine followed by Frankincense down his spine as often as I can through the day. He still has his issues and sensory is the worst. But we are trying our best to just try new oils and see what works for him.

April - Does anyone know what oils to use for Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)?
Ryan - I have been using Balance for both. Specifically, my Dad goes into some weird seizure-like spells whenever there is a loud noise. We have found that Balance used aromatically (like smelling salts) has brought him out of these spells much more quickly than if we simply allow them to run their course. Additionally, rubbing the oil on his feet in the morning has seemed to help reduce the number of attacks he has in a day.

GAD I don't know the abbreviation on this unless it's general anxiety disorder. here is a link you may want to look at. Put in the search box what you want to look at then go to the top tabs and click on tabs for what will help. Email me and I will help in anyway that I can.

Any more helps for Adults? ADD is just one of the many diagnosis over the years...lots of allergies, asthma, sleep disorder, celiac...
mydoterra.com/newoils
Similarly Marjoram is effective relieving stress and helping insomnia. DōTerra Marjoram Essential Oil is steam distilled from the flower and leaf of the plant.
www.everythingessential.me
www.everythingessential.me/Oils/Marjoram.html
clipped from Google - 9/2013
Lavender, doTerra CPTG essential oils
www.everythingessential.me/Oils/Lavender.html

Lavender, doTerra CPTG essential oils

Insomnia Migraines Muscle Pain Nausea Psoriasis Skin Disorders Sore Throat Stomach Ache Stress Throat Infections. Lavender. About Lavender. Lavender is ...
www.everythingessential.me/Oils/Lavender.html
clipped from Google - 9/2013
Thyroid
www.everythingessential.me/HealthConcerns/Thyroid.html

Thyroid

Symptoms can include insomnia, anxiety, irritability, bulging eyes, weakness in arms/legs, shaky hands, frequent bowel movements, weight loss, racing heart ...
www.everythingessential.me/HealthConcerns/Thyroid.html
www.everythingessential.me/Blends/Whisper.html

Whisper

Rose Absolute: Attachment, bereavement, envy grief, irritability, fretfulness, regret , sadness, anxiety, frigidity, depression, insomnia and mental fatigue, and ...
www.everythingessential.me/Blends/Whisper.html

Celiac http://www.everythingessential.me/HealthConcerns/Celiac.html#page=page-1
Oils, blends & products recommended:

Oils & blends: DigestZen, FrankincenseC, Ginger, Peppermint
Essential oils based products: GX Assist, Life Long Vitality supplements, PB Assist
Also consider: AromaTouch Technique, Clove, Frankincense, Helichrysum, Lemon, Oregano, Rosemary, Thyme
Suggested protocols:
Because IBD includes a number of different disorders consider the best course of action from the following suggestions.
For immediate relief of symptoms:
· Take internally 2-5 drops each of DigestZen and Frankincense
· Rub 2-5 drops of DigestZen or Peppermint topically to the abdominal area
For long term support:
· Lifelong vitality nutritional supplements. These supplements should be started immediately and continued to add the daily nutritional elements most people lack in their daily diet. The Lifelong Vitality supplements include antioxidants, omega fatty acids, vitamins and minerals.
· GX Assist. This doTerra cleansing protocol or a similar blend of CPTG oils should be used. The normal procedure is to take the capsules as suggested for 10 consecutive days to rid the digestive tract of harmful pathogens. This includes Candida, a common component of autoimmune concerns. This should be followed by a probiotic such as PB Assist+ described below and then this complete procedure repeated monthly as required.
· PB Assist+. This is a doTerra product that delivers friendly probiotic microorganisms to replenish those required in your intestinal tract to provide additional immune defense against unwanted pathogens
· Periodic AromaTouch Technique. Daily, twice weekly, weekly, or monthly, depending on the need, this procedure will relax, strengthen, and increase the overall health of the recipient. It is a clinically developed and tested use of eight essential oils to reduce stress, strengthen the immune system, reduce inflammation, and promote homeostatis.
Autoimmune disorders:
· Crohn's disease and any other disorders that are autoimmune diseases or seem to have similar symptoms will benefit from those protocols suggested for autoimmune disorders.
Infectious types of IBD:
The following protocols use antibiotic oils internally and are reported to help with these conditions:
Colitis Antibiotic Blend #1
· 10 drops Thyme
· 10 drops Oregano
· 4 drops Frankincense
· 35 drops coconut carrier oil
· Blend then put 10 drops of the blend in size 00 gel caps.
Take one cap with breakfast and another with dinner till symptoms subside, then continue for 5 days. Couple this with daily AromaTouch Technique massages.
Colitis Blend #2
· 10 drops Melaleuca
· 5 drops Rosemary
· 5 drops Clove
· 5 drops Lemon
· 5 drops Frankincense
· 30 drops coconut carrier oil
· Blend then and put 10 drops of the mix in size 00 gel capsule
Take two capsules per day, morning and evening with meals till symptoms subside, then continue for 5 days. Couple this with daily AromaTouch Technique massages.
Diet and digestive tract care is very important:
· A number of cleanses are discussed elsewhere on this website
· Avoid irritating and harmful foods such as alcohol, caffeine, carbonated beverages, refined sugars. High fiber products including whole grains, dried beans, peas and legumes. Sugar free products, especially products containing sorbital. Spicy foods and sauces. High fat, or fried foods.
· Consider a raw food diet in difficult situations

I've had HD/HD my entire life ... My mother never liked me on the meds back when I was young . They gave me ritalin but she thougth it made me like a zombie MY fiance goes nuts when I dont take my adderall because I change subjects from one to another that are totally unrelated ( it to him) the thing is my mind fires so quickly and precessess thoughts at a faster rate than average people I can't help it. the adderall really helps me focus though. I've doubled my income since starting it and have been in thr same field for 13 years Im a technical recruiter to read resumes and talk to people all day long sitting down..when I was younger i was handful also ( guess i still am ) LOL i used to span many weekends with my grandparents.. I also played sports my whole life and was very active . now we ride motorcycles I have for years . People with Ad/HD get bored easiely and some if us possess high intelligence so its important to keep them occupied with sports or hobbies that interest them. I;m sure myfiance could relate to what your saying I often don't take adderall on weekends and he can tell and will ask me did you take your asdderll today ? I say no he says PLEASE DO ..LOL strong thread i didn't imagine to find here : )

Back
Top Bottom