Life With The Flock: Lacy Duckwing's Flock Thread

Hey Lacy! Sorry, I lost this thread. I guess I stopped getting alerts.
I just caught up with everything I missed.
Any updates on that fox? I hope your hens are ok!
That's ok. I'm glad you found it again.
Ok.
No. Thankfully I haven't seen it since that last time.

Hey Lacy! Sorry, I lost this thread. I guess I stopped getting alerts.
I just caught up with everything I missed.
Any updates on that fox? I hope your hens are ok!
No. Thankfully I haven't seen it since that last time.
Nevermind. A few minutes ago, one of my brothers came in and said he saw something at running around our neighbors that looked like a fox. :(
Thankfully, it wasn't near my coop or anything.

It had snowed a dusting this morning. When I opened my coop to go inside, Aundria ran out into the snow in panic, which isn't her norm. Going inside, I quickly discovered it was because of Nightfall. Aundria is Nightfall's favorite because she's not mean to him. Maisy, and ESPECIALLY Penny, beats him up, and is always holding themselves like they're going to fight whenever they see him.

I had some trouble catching Aundria, but I eventually was able to get her and bring her back in. I had just brought in their waterer, so I picked up Nightfall so Aundria could drink in peace. To pass a little bit of time for Aundria, I brought Nightfall with me to get a bag of leaves that I had collected last fall.

Keeping Nightfall with me, I got the bag of leaves, opened it, then dumped it into their run. The leaves were a little frozen together, so I kicked them around to separate them; still holding Nightfall. Next, I got some dried meal worms that I got for Christmas, and scattered them over the leaves for something tasty for the hens to find, and a little encouragement to get them to scratch in the leaves. While the hens went for the meal worms, I let Nightfall eat some meal worms out of the container before letting him finally escape my arms.

I also took some pictures of my chickens with the new leaves with my phone:

20220113_093806.jpg
20220113_093840.jpg
20220113_093932.jpg

20220113_094002.jpg
20220113_094043.jpg
20220113_094107.jpg
20220113_094250.jpg

It had snowed a dusting this morning. When I opened my coop to go inside, Aundria ran out into the snow in panic, which isn't her norm. Going inside, I quickly discovered it was because of Nightfall. Aundria is Nightfall's favorite because she's not mean to him. Maisy, and ESPECIALLY Penny, beats him up, and is always holding themselves like they're going to fight whenever they see him.

I had some trouble catching Aundria, but I eventually was able to get her and bring her back in. I had just brought in their waterer, so I picked up Nightfall so Aundria could drink in peace. To pass a little bit of time for Aundria, I brought Nightfall with me to get a bag of leaves that I had collected last fall.

Keeping Nightfall with me, I got the bag of leaves, opened it, then dumped it into their run. The leaves were a little frozen together, so I kicked them around to separate them; still holding Nightfall. Next, I got some dried meal worms that I got for Christmas, and scattered them over the leaves for something tasty for the hens to find, and a little encouragement to get them to scratch in the leaves. While the hens went for the meal worms, I let Nightfall eat some meal worms out of the container before letting him finally escape my arms.

I also took some pictures of my chickens with the new leaves with my phone:

View attachment 2959278View attachment 2959279View attachment 2959281
View attachment 2959282View attachment 2959284View attachment 2959285View attachment 2959286
That’s a MOUNTAIN of snow!

Back
Top Bottom