light bill?

daisysducks

Songster
May 18, 2020
i have 6 pekin ducks, 4 of them are about 4 months old now and the other 2 are about 2 months. one of my 2 month old ducks has a very light bill, almost like light yellow, does anyone know anything about why it’s like that? the rest of the ducks have normal bright orange bills. any advice?

I saw the same in one of my Pekins and tried looking it up. It seems its just something that happens sometimes - there's no specific diet, age, illness, etc that causes it and its not usually anything to worry about. you may find as they all get older their bills will go through phases of different colors. It's fine.

I saw the same in one of my Pekins and tried looking it up. It seems its just something that happens sometimes - there's no specific diet, age, illness, etc that causes it and its not usually anything to worry about. you may find as they all get older their bills will go through phases of different colors. It's fine.
thank youu

Ducks store vitamin A and related vitamins in their bills and skin. Your pale-billed duck has less stored than the others. It could be a deficiency, but more likely it means that it has a lower capacity for storing vitamins. I wouldn't worry about it. If there is a famine, eat the pale-billed one first.

Back
Top Bottom