Light brahma 8-9 weeks old. Pullet or cockerel?

Three more pictures. This is at 9 weeks old.

I ended up losing all of my chickens from a notice from the county:/. This LB went to y cousin though, so I don't have any updated pictures since he lives in another town.it hasnt laid yet, but looks to be a pullet. The comb didn't grow at all since then and is a pale pink.

I think behavior is a big sign. I bought a batch of LB cockerels chicks, and this particular one just looked different. It also wasn't as aggressive as the others. The other LB I had , had deeper red in the comb, and although the it was a peacomb, it was much larger. But yea, noticing the behavior can help a lot too. This Light brahma was always calmer than the others in the batch.

I have no other Brahma chicks but its more skittish and seems to avoid altercations in the coop as much as possible so I have fingers crossed but its comb is starting to pink and I think I see 3 rows which has proven male in the Ameraucanas I hatched. I guess time will tell. It hasn't crowed and isn't being a bully so it has time. Some of my others are starting to be jerks to their coop mates.

I have light and dark brahmas, they mature much slower, and the smallest eggs of my entire flock of 30.pullet for sure, nice rounded tail feathers. My cockrel had a full pea comb by 10 weeks. My year old hens comb,looks no bigger than your pullet, and she weighs 9 pounds!

This is Runt my 10 pound Dark Brahma. My "bonus" rare breed from Murray McMurray. 15 months old the sweetest, gentleman. He LOVES getting his picture taken!

Back
Top Bottom