Light Brahma Cockerel? NEW PICTURES!

Hi Olivia! How's Ramses? He's grown SO much since last time I saw him (and gotten so much more handsome
smile.png
). you need to invite me over soon... OH YAH! AND HAPPY 4th!!!!!
ya.gif

At 17 weeks it's close to laying...and I think hen. The hens start to redden when they get closer to laying. The hackle feathers are round, and I don't see any pointy black tail feathers. Looks like the light brahma hen I had.

Edit: can you get a clearer pic of it's tail/rump? It's too blurry to tell if it has saddle feathers or not.

DSCN0987.jpg

Last edited:
I have 12 little Buff Brahma babies right now. It is VERY hard to tell boy from girl. Just when I think I have it figured out.... I change my mind. LOL..No One is crowing yet but 3 of them are mush bigger & have more developed combs & they are much brighter red. The one I've named Chester.maybe I'll try to take some good pic's this weekend & post them.

Hokankai, I'm starting to think it's an aggressive hen. Weird. And the zoom on the camera was waaaay on (whoopsies) so I'll post new ones in a second.

Last edited:
It's a henny penny....she was singing the egg song last night and this morning she squatted when I bent down to pick her up....
smile.png
Her new name is Cecily. Or you could pronounce it Sicily...doesn't matter. I'm going to get an LB roo awhile from now, maybe they'll hatch some biddies!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom