Light Brahma over dark brahma pullet or cockerel

The father probably has some partridge in his background. The chick must have gotten his gold gene as well as his hidden partridge genes.
Yes I had said that in my post however the feather pattern is that of a dark Brahma pullet which is why I question gender bc. The comb is wide already and some wattle poking through again my question was I was under assumption the pattern for dark Brahma pullets would pass on the this generation pullets....so I thought nice a pullet but then I saw comb and wattle and it made me second guess that

Yes I had said that in my post however the feather pattern is that of a dark Brahma pullet which is why I question gender bc. The comb is wide already and some wattle poking through again my question was I was under assumption the pattern for dark Brahma pullets would pass on the this generation pullets....so I thought nice a pullet but then I saw comb and wattle and it made me second guess that
You won’t get sex-linked chicks, since the father is a silver/gold split. He could pass on either silver or gold to his daughters. His sons are either going to be pure for silver (two silver genes) or silver/gold splits. Actually, this chick should be a pullet, since a cockerel chick with gold would have silver juvenile feathering (silver is dominant over gold).

You won’t get sex-linked chicks, since the father is a silver/gold split. He could pass on either silver or gold to his daughters. His sons are either going to be pure for silver (two silver genes) or silver/gold splits. Actually, this chick should be a pullet, since a cockerel chick with gold would have silver juvenile feathering (silver is dominant over gold).
So dark Brahma pullets have these feather patterns except no orange my question was since mom was dark Brahma and dad what he is if this feather pattern on pullets is the same. I’m not trying to get a sexlink chick. Was just curious if the feather patterns on the babies would be the same as dark Brahma pullets and cockerels u sorta answered the question I had. Dark brahmas are easier to sex by feather pattern was just making sure this was true of this mix chickpea is all bc the comb and wattles were throwing me off

So dark Brahma pullets have these feather patterns except no orange my question was since mom was dark Brahma and dad what he is if this feather pattern on pullets is the same. I’m not trying to get a sexlink chick. Was just curious if the feather patterns on the babies would be the same as dark Brahma pullets and cockerels u sorta answered the question I had. Dark brahmas are easier to sex by feather pattern was just making sure this was true of this mix chickpea is all bc the comb and wattles were throwing me off
The partridge pattern is identical to the dark pattern. It’s just in a different color. Dark is silver. Partridge is gold.

So it’s safe to say this is a pullet for sure bc of the pattern? Her comb is just big then lol 😆 thank u
If she's indeed partridge then yes... I'm not sure the genetics of these mixed varieties so I don't want to assume. I will say, if you showed me a picture and said she's a Partridge Brahma I would say definitely a pullet. It's just with other factors I personally am more wary

H
If she's indeed partridge then yes... I'm not sure the genetics of these mixed varieties so I don't want to assume. I will say, if you showed me a picture and said she's a Partridge Brahma I would say definitely a pullet. It's just with other factors I personally am more wary
her momma is dark Brahma and daddy light brahma however he has some red leakage in his feathering. Possible he could have partridge some where along the lines. The breeder breeds several colors. And I got him knowing he was just pet lol 😆

Back
Top Bottom