Light Bramas

I'm new to chickens, but I really like my Light Brahma. Love her little feathered feet.
smile.png
She seems to be the bravest of the four chicks and is very calm.

Quote:
Rub it in why don't ya?!
tongue.gif
Mine won't go broody. I'm considering attempting to try to force Lil' Bit to go broody, since she gets so ugly with me when she's sitting in the nestbox.
I think with a little encouragement and away from the comings and goings of the coop she might just go full-on broody. Only one problem. She's partially blind. How on earth would she keep track of her chicks?

You guys talked me into it. I really wanted to know about their temperment, and I'm glad to hear they are friendly in most cases. I have young children that love to spend time with the chickens. I'm trying to get only breeds that are kid friendly. I know there are always exceptions and will be looking out for any trouble makers. The mean ones belong in the crockpot.

Thanks for all your helpful input.

Quote:
As far as length goes, most of mine are medium sized eggs but FAT around. Some too fat to fit in the large egg cartons.

Quote:
Rub it in why don't ya?!
tongue.gif
Mine won't go broody. I'm considering attempting to try to force Lil' Bit to go broody, since she gets so ugly with me when she's sitting in the nestbox.
I think with a little encouragement and away from the comings and goings of the coop she might just go full-on broody. Only one problem. She's partially blind. How on earth would she keep track of her chicks?

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE!!!!!!!

Don't worry...they'll turn into biting monsters that rip the flesh from your bones soon enough!!

My first chickens - I have 3 LBrahmas and today I ordered 15 Brahmas-7 Dark Brahmas, and 8 Buff Brahmas. These chickens are the sweetest, quietest, most beautiful gentle giants I have ever seen. They don't really attempt to fly much. They will jump to a 3' off-the-ground perch pretty easily and from there to a higher perch if you are so inclined to build graduated perches and easily stay confined..I used to think they were just fat, or that they were lazy, but they are NOT. It's just their laid-back personality. They are absolutely marvelous chickens!!! Otherwise they love things that other chickens love - scratching, perching, pecking. They are not the least bit afraid of me and they have no aggression towards other breeds of chickens that I have seen. I put the hens in with my silkies and they curiously gave them some close glances, then went about eating their grass clippings. Very regal looking chicken when they begin to get up around 4 months old. You won't be disappointed.
thumbsup.gif

Oh...I forgot to mention - I read somewhere that they are slow to mature and do not reach their majestic peak until they are nearly 2 years old...they lay eggs before that, they just take a while to fully mature.
big_smile.png

Quote:
I bought some eggs. First order was delivered today, and the rest will be delivered tomorrow. Total of 30 eggs. I hope I have better luck with shipped eggs this time around.

Back
Top Bottom