Light Sussex Thread!!!

Pics
ooh OK just wondered if you were close to me.
sad.png
I would love to trade for a couple Roos.. Was willing to drive a little ways. I'm in North Mississippi
Oh right! I think we've miss-understood each other here, I'm not selling them, I was just showing them off haha
wink.png
Sorry!!

here cockerel or pullet these are 25 weeks old they are from the same batch of eggs I hatched in the incubator
no eggs or crow yet , the cones was the same size about 4 weeks go and now only started to grow
they are in the run with my other three hens all seem to act the same no ruling the hens chase the to light sussex away from food some times
the others hens are 1 rhode rock 1 skyline 1 beech wood blue here have a look and please let me know what you think

wow they are BEAUTIFUL !!!!!!

here cockerel or pullet these are 25 weeks old they are from the same batch of eggs I hatched in the incubator
no eggs or crow yet , the cones was the same size about 4 weeks go and now only started to grow
they are in the run with my other three hens all seem to act the same no ruling the hens chase the to light sussex away from food some times
the others hens are 1 rhode rock 1 skyline 1 beech wood blue here have a look and please let me know what you think

Loving this girl. Wow, Wow! Wow!
Best,
Karen

When it comes to judging Sussex I'm not up to date on the criteria of what they should look like for exhibition. I am not new to
raising chickens but, I am new to raising Sussex. Eventually I intend to have a flock of nothing but Light Sussex. In my research
of them I came across a book written in the early 20's about them. I thought it was very interesting. Below is the link for the eBook
version. There is an explanation in the book showing what the standards were for the rooster and hen from 1920 on page 171. I hope it is something all Sussex fans will enjoy.

https://archive.org/stream/cu31924003091398#page/n229/mode/2up

In the spring, I'm going to be looking for either hatching eggs, chicks or started birds. I'm looking for a cockerel or cock as I'm doing a project. Are there any recommendations for New England breeders? Or will anyone be attending the Poultry Congress in January with birds to sell? Thanks!

Last edited:
Is anyone who is planning on attending the APA Nationals in Knoxville, TN this weekend planning on taking Light Sussex or Speckled Sussex to sell? I am looking for a couple of Show Quality Speckled Sussex females for my breeding program. I also have a friend who is looking for a trio or two of Light Sussex for her breeding program.

If you are planning on being in Knoxville or know of anyone who is going to be there with nice birds for sale, please let us know. I would love to pick up new birds at the show,

Thanks,
Ernie

Back
Top Bottom