Light Sussex Thread!!!

Pics
Hi all new person to thread just out of curiosity of all the chicks I have do u know if they r boys or girls. Mother is protective and just got them today maran cockerel x light sussex hen

Hi !
frow.gif

What are you working on? Columbian Marans? Need much better and closer pics for viewers
to tell sex. One thing you can do is check the hackle feathers. Thecockerls will have pointed
ends on their hackle feathers. The pullets will have rounded ends on their hackle feathers.
Best,
Karen

Last edited:
here cockerel or pullet these are 25 weeks old they are from the same batch of eggs I hatched in the incubator
no eggs or crow yet , the cones was the same size about 4 weeks go and now only started to grow
they are in the run with my other three hens all seem to act the same no ruling the hens chase the to light sussex away from food some times
the others hens are 1 rhode rock 1 skyline 1 beech wood blue here have a look and please let me know what you think

Last edited:

Oh we are sad.. We moved a few weeks ago to Olive Branch Ms. We found out though we have 3roos no hens.. :( Now I need to find someone with some hens till the man in AR chickens lady again... He replenished his flock.

Anyone around north Mississippi area willing to trade for 2 hens..

Back
Top Bottom