Light Sussex Thread!!!

Pics
1978909_10200626931595378_642413047_n.jpg
She is so pretty. what color eggs she produce?

The Exhibition and Breeding to the Standard of Perfection forum has been created for those with breeder quality stock to have more serious poultry discussions. This includes discussions on breeding to the standard, genetics, exhibition, breeding strategies, breeding for specific traits, etc.
It’s Staff’s desire to moderate this forum with an eye toward consideration that many of the folks participating here are longtime breeders who may write in a down-to-earth and non-sugar-coated way; this certainly doesn’t mean that, when posting here, the Rules do not apply. This is simply meant to advise folks new to this forum that, for example, if they ask a question about a picture they just posted of a bird from their flock, they should expect a straightforward answer, taken from the viewpoint of someone who is breeding exhibition fowl.
We do not want this section to be a competition among breeders but, rather, a collaborative effort to further the breed they are working with. BYC is a very diverse community, and this section will be no different. Poultry judges, experienced breeders, and those new to breeding are all welcome, and all have something to contribute to this forum.
Participants are encouraged to understand and use the terminology found in the APA Standard of Perfection and avoid usage of terminology that might be considered "slang" in the poultry world.
This section is not intended for discussion of pet birds or birds bred/sold by hatcheries; conversations in regard to these birds and flocks should take place in the General Breed Discussions and FAQ section.
Here is the new Sussex Forum :
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/881970/standardbred-sussex-fowl-all-varieties-large-and-bantam

Hi everyone!

Hope noone minds if I join this thread :)

After losing a flockmate yesterday our remaining two girls seem quite lost, so I am thinking of getting two more pulletts to bump up the flock again.

I have always loved the Sussex (particularly the Light) based on their striking appearance, however I am wondering if they are docile birds suitable to free-ranging?

Any help appreciated as always!

:thumbsup

hi have a look at these little ones I bought the eggs from a farm near me
light sussex they are from a farm that is in a light sussex breeding progamme
but look at the colour of them . two have not got any black atall on them the others are so black and white I am going to use them for a chess board lol

can you spot the cockerels

Hi, I posted before and people though pullet, Daisy is 9wks this week and was wondering what you thought now I've got a clearer picture.

Back
Top Bottom