1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Light Sussex x Barnevelder

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by sussexmarans, Feb 2, 2013.

1. sussexmarans

sussexmarans Out Of The Brooder

Aug 29, 2012
    Tamworth, England
    I want to cross my LS with my barnevelder just for fun, but i've been on chicken calculator and they don't have LS, does anyone know what i would get, like colour and egg colour etc thanks in advance :)

2. Makomd

Makomd Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2011
    ES of MD , USA
    Here ya go
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    EWhEWh CoCo SS IdId​
    ebeb PgPg MlMl MhMh ww Id-​
    zwart getekend zilver columbia [ Lightshank? Single comb ]
    black patterned silver columbian [ Lightshank? Single comb ] zwart getekend rood dubbelgezoomd [ Yellowskin Lightshank? Single comb ]
    black patterned red doublelaced [ Yellowskin Lightshank? Single comb ]

hide
    50% Hanen zwart getekend geel onvolledig gezoomd [ Lightshank? Single comb ] bold
    50% Hennen zwart getekend roodgeschouderd/creme onvolledig gezoomd [ Lightshank? Single comb ] bold

hide
    50% Cockerels black patterned yellow/golden incomplete laced [ Lightshank? Single comb ] bold
    50% Pullets black patterned redshouldered/cream incomplete laced [ Lightshank? Single comb ] bold

3. sussexmarans

sussexmarans Out Of The Brooder

Aug 29, 2012
    Tamworth, England
    Thanks

4. 23Sandreef

23Sandreef Out Of The Brooder

Jan 12, 2014
    Go for it. I have crossed my lite sussex bantams with a barnvelder rooster. Have produced lovely off spring . Brown chicks are hens and the white or multi coloured white chicks are roosters. That is a bonus. Don't think the self sexing happens if the sussex is the rooster

5. Henerz101

Henerz101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2014
    I had a trio of barnevelders that didn't lay or anything and put them with the broody hen that's in my pp but nothing happened unfortunately... I've been looking for the same.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by