Lights in run???

black_cat

♥♥Lover of Leghorns♥♥
May 21, 2020
Connecticut
We were discussing the idea of putting lights in the coop to boost laying (which I'm opposed to and we're not going to do) and my mom mentioned putting lights in the run. Is this a thing?? Would there be benefits to this? Thoughts?

We were discussing the idea of putting lights in the coop to boost laying (which I'm opposed to and we're not going to do) and my mom mentioned putting lights in the run. Is this a thing?? Would there be benefits to this? Thoughts?
Would they be motioned sensored? To like sense predators? Lights in the run could help if you need to go into the run to get something at night

Would they be motioned sensored? To like sense predators? Lights in the run could help if you need to go into the run to get something at night
I think it would just be lights on a timer to stay on during the day and be off at night. I usually use a flashlight at night when I need to go out.

Just curious why you're considering lights for the run. May help inform other's advice.

BTW, I'm on your side re: boosting coop light to keep them laying. There's a reason they slow down laying in the winter, and I want to respect that.
I'm the same way

Just curious why you're considering lights for the run. May help inform other's advice.

BTW, I'm on your side re: boosting coop light to keep them laying. There's a reason they slow down laying in the winter, and I want to respect that.
I'm wondering the same thing, would lights help you in anyway?

Back
Top Bottom