• IMG_20210523_194744083.jpg
    IMG_20210523_194744083.jpg
    313.8 KB · Views: 14
20210523_200003.jpg
My lilacs looked like this when young

and grew into this
20210515_200315.jpg
20210512_143446.jpg
If it helps at all! They looked pretty white too it seems. Unfortunately that's the only baby pic I have of my lilacs.

Edit; Now that I am on my PC I can maybe say more then just what I said lol.

I think your light one might still turn out lilac. Looking at my two hens in comparison to what I can see of yours in the first post, mine are a lot lighter colored/less blue and more of a dirty-grey in comparison. I'll see if I can drag up more baby pics of my lilacs (I had like 6 originally? But I only wanted to keep 2 hens so I sold the others back to the breeder) to see if they presented at all like the one you are wondering about.

Edit #2; I also mistook the 2nd poult picture in your last post to be the same as the first, looking at that and realizing they aren't the same now with different lighting that one does look STARKLY white. I'll see if I can find one of mine younger than the pic I have but I'm not sure I saved any for some dumb reason.

Last edited:
View attachment 2685245

and grew into this
View attachment 2685247
View attachment 2685250
If it helps at all! They looked pretty white too it seems. Unfortunately that's the only baby pic I have of my lilacs.

I think your light one might still turn out lilac. Looking at my two hens in comparison to what I can see of yours in the first post, mine are a lot lighter colored/less blue and more of a dirty-grey in comparison. I'll see if I can drag up more baby pics of my lilacs (I had like 6 originally? But I only wanted to keep 2 hens so I sold the others back to the breeder) to see if they presented at all like the one you are wondering about.

Edit #2; I also mistook the 2nd poult picture in your last post to be the same as the first, looking at that and realizing they aren't the same now with different lighting that one does look STARKLY white. I'll see if I can find one of mine younger than the pic I have but I'm not sure I saved any for some dumb reason.

View attachment 2685245

and grew into this
View attachment 2685247
View attachment 2685250

Yours do look a lot lighter than the ones I hatched last year (as far as I can remember at least) but it looks like I can still see the grey in it's down feathers unless that's the lighting. I had 2 more hatch out white today and they are much more yellow than the ones with the grey. I guess I'll just have to wait and see how they feather out but I'm hesitant to list them as lilac if they end up being white

Yours do look a lot lighter than the ones I hatched last year (as far as I can remember at least) but it looks like I can still see the grey in it's down feathers unless that's the lighting. I had 2 more hatch out white today and they are much more yellow than the ones with the grey. I guess I'll just have to wait and see how they feather out but I'm hesitant to list them as lilac if they end up being white
Definitely keep us updated! I'm curious to see how they grow too.

I forgot to update but the poults but my hatches seem to be about 50/50 white and lilac

Attachments

• IMG_20210625_183636342.jpg
    IMG_20210625_183636342.jpg
    318.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 39733.jpeg
    39733.jpeg
    396.9 KB · Views: 8
I forgot to update but the poults but my hatches seem to be about 50/50 white and lilac
To get white offspring from Lilacs, some of your turkeys are not pure Lilacs (bb CC DD). They are most likely (bb Cc DD) which will look very similar to Lilacs but are considered Lilac Semi-color.

If a tom (bb Cc DD) and a hen (bb Cc DD) breed, the offspring could be Lilac (bb CC DD), Lilac Semi-color (bb Cc DD) or White (bb cc DD).

Back
Top Bottom