Lilbiddy's Chicken Journal

LilBiddy

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 13, 2011
I decided to put my chicken adventures here, so as not to contaminate the forum with ill placed rhetoric...LOL. There are so many topics that tend to be interdependent, I confuse myself as to where I should put my posts. Here's some pix of my "gang".

I started out with seven 2-3 weekers. I lost one to a coyote, 2 to a hawk, which left me with four. I'm not absolutely certain about their sex, so as I've read in this forum, "One never knows, until he crows."

002.jpg

About a week ago I bought 5 more chickens about the same age as the ones I already had. So, that brought me to 8 chickens.

013.jpg

Three days ago, a friend of mine GAVE me a rooster. He's a handsome fellow. I call him ROLEX...my husband just calls him "ROY"..(giggles)

002-1.jpg

For those of you have have already been introduced to "ROY"....he slept in the coop with the others last night...safe and sound. I did put up a game camera and saw that wascawee Raccon.

Roy seems protective of those inside the coop...he doesn't venture off very far...

Cute chickens for sure. Sorry you lost some in the beginning.
sad.png

Rolex is very handsome.
Awesome shade in the pictures, they look
ya.gif

Are you going to be hatching any eggies out?

I hope to! But I have no idea about any of this...I'm just learning.

It all takes some learning. I have never hatched any. We had a small rooster in the country, lol too small. He could not mess up the Austrolorp eggs. He was an accident. My son wanted silkies. We bought what was supposed to be five silkies. We ended up with 4 silkie roosters and one banty red cochin rooster. The Silkies were an awful experience. They beat up and killed my Japanese black tailed banty rooster.
somad.gif
Needles to say it was time for them to GO. The Cochin was very cool. He would ride on my sons shoulder while he mowed the pasture and hop down behind to eat buggy bits.

I hope you get strong babies and have a fun time with all the chickens.
jumpy.gif

010.jpg

So this is the devil that lurkes in the night. He sure looks big to me. I guess he is what chased my big roo around the house the other night. I put him in with the smaller chickens once they go to roost. So far so good. I think I have a job for the hubby now.

Back
Top Bottom