Limping and swelling on the ankle joint on one of my cornish cross

Syidan96

In the Brooder
Mar 2, 2024
My hen here are limping and i discovered that there's a swell on the ankle joint. Is it bumblefoot? I've already gave her salt bath a few hours ago.

Attachments

• IMG_20240305_210509.jpg
    IMG_20240305_210509.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 27
how big is the bird?? those guys are known for skeletal issues, it might be harvest time........
It's harvest size, but i have no intention to harvest it. She started limping since yesterday. Others have no problem. I've been feeding them calcium in the form of oyster, egg, and AGS shells, along with store bought layer feed and cat kibble (they get crazy with cat kibble, that they won't eat any feed without it).

That issue will be resolved with harvest. They get heavy by about 5-6 weeks and start spending a lot of time sitting. I use deep litter and get extra vigilant about not letting the manure clods build up. Keeping it clean and dry is best to avoid foot and leg sores, though challenging.

That issue will be resolved with harvest. They get heavy by about 5-6 weeks and start spending a lot of time sitting. I use deep litter and get extra vigilant about not letting the manure clods build up. Keeping it clean and dry is best to avoid foot and leg sores, though challenging.
They're about 7-8 weeks. The others are very active and follows my juvenile fayoumis roaming around. Only this one is lethargic because of the limp. I used to have 2 Cornish cross about 15 weeks old and they're nimble and runs to me every time they saw me. I gave no special feed at all, only letting them eat uncooked rice and sometimes they forage the wild herbs and grasses. There's this specific herb they love to eat. Unfortunately, they got stolen. So i get other Cornish and started to keep the fayoumis. The one that got stolen are also taller and heavier, but they are very active and love to jump on anything that are above ground.

They're about 7-8 weeks. The others are very active and follows my juvenile fayoumis roaming around. Only this one is lethargic because of the limp. I used to have 2 Cornish cross about 15 weeks old and they're nimble and runs to me every time they saw me. I gave no special feed at all, only letting them eat uncooked rice and sometimes they forage the wild herbs and grasses. There's this specific herb they love to eat. Unfortunately, they got stolen. So i get other Cornish and started to keep the fayoumis. The one that got stolen are also taller and heavier, but they are very active and love to jump on anything that are above ground.
This are the herbs, i don't know the name but it smelt like water apple

Attachments

• 17096453100932253353583191212230.jpg
    17096453100932253353583191212230.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom