Limping Chicken need your opinion

Ametrina

Chirping
Jun 25, 2020
My 5 month old chicken began to limp yesterday .She still eat good and want to run outside. Today I let her stay in the coop all day to prevent from any other possible injuries .Here two photos. On one photo is foot with limping problem and on other normal healthy foot. Injured foot looks a little pinkish . Before I took this pictures I gave my chicken epsom salt soaking.
problem foot
normal foot

Attachments

• 20201028_194423.jpg
    20201028_194423.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 20201028_194512.jpg
    20201028_194512.jpg
    450.1 KB · Views: 1
My 5 month old chicken began to limp yesterday .She still eat good and want to run outside. Today I let her stay in the coop all day to prevent from any other possible injuries .Here two photos. On one photo is foot with limping problem and on other normal healthy foot. Injured foot looks a little pinkish . Before I took this pictures I gave my chicken epsom salt soaking.
problem foot
normal foot
Poor baby 😥 Looks like she stped on something that might have pinched her.
It should heal soon.

How is she limping? Is she holding the foot up to her body, or trying to put some weight on it? Do you see any redness, swelling, green bruising, or wounds on the entire leg? Was she vaccinated for Mareks disease? That is always a normal question with limping at that age, but not a suggestion that your chicken has it.

How is she limping? Is she holding the foot up to her body, or trying to put some weight on it? Do you see any redness, swelling, green bruising, or wounds on the entire leg? Was she vaccinated for Mareks disease? That is always a normal question with limping at that age, but not a suggestion that your chicken has it.

She trying to put some weight on her foot. I do not see any redness ,swelling, green bruising or wounds on entire leg. She still getting on her roost over night. She was vaccinated for Mareks. I will take photos of her foot for a few days and look for any changes.

Being vaccinated makes me feel better that she just has a sprained leg. It might be best if you place her on the roost in the evening, and get her down each morning. But sometimes it is better to confine her to a pen or wire dog crate with food and water secured to the sides, to force rest. Let us know how she is getting along.

Being vaccinated makes me feel better that she just has a sprained leg. It might be best if you place her on the roost in the evening, and get her down each morning. But sometimes it is better to confine her to a pen or wire dog crate with food and water secured to the sides, to force rest. Let us know how she is getting along.
Every morning she so happy to see every one and she just jumps down from the roost like a big ball. I do not have a pen or dog crate. Our coop is 4 by 4 and she is seating their all day with one companion to keep her from getting bored.( I change companions every day)

Mareks testing can sometimes be done on blood if a laboratory does it. Here in the US, it only offered by a few labs. Most of the time, a vet will do a necropsy or autopsy after death, and they can test feather shafts or tissue if there are tumors present. Do you have any veterinary schools or labs for animals in your country?

Back
Top Bottom