Limping cockerel

mellissa

Songster
7 Years
Feb 10, 2015
Hi,
Cockerel jumped from 4 foot height onto hard ground at 10 weeks. He’s now 12 weeks and spends most of days laying though can still run fast but mostly limps short distance then lays down. No Bumblefoot. I think he’s injured tops of legs. Is this fixable or is it for life.

It would be hard to know if it is fixable because you do not know if it is broken or sprained, or if there is a dislocated joint. An xray at your vet’s office could tell you if there is a broken bone or dislocation. A sprain might get better with some weeks of rest. Can you see any bruising or scabbing of his feet, swelling or bruising of his entire leg bones or joints, up to the top of the femurs?

upload_2019-12-7_18-49-3.jpeg

The pads of feet are soft no scabs, One foot has slight pink in webbing between two toes. I’ve just given him doxycycline anyway. Any ideas on how many days, and doses it may take if it’s Bumblefoot? Thanks

Or better yet, video of him walking.
Upload vids to youtube then link here.
yes they don’t know how to upload a video utube

Attachments

• 7A934065-1B82-46C8-BA15-7375E61A4432.png
    7A934065-1B82-46C8-BA15-7375E61A4432.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 15
Yeh had a go but don’t really want utube to have access to my videos and pics. Is there another way to get video in

Watching him walk he appears stiff and only walks short distance before sitting. When he sits it’s in 2 motions, feet and lower leg then sort of falls back on upper leg into sitting position.

Back
Top Bottom