Limping Drake

maccay2k

In the Brooder
6 Years
Aug 29, 2013
Hello! My drake woke up with a limp this morning, I've had a look at his foot and can't see anything swollen/cut. The mark on his foot in the video is a leaf!!!! Please can you give me any advice?? Video here:

Awww.. he is a lovely duck!
My Drake was like this the other day and with my other duck having bumblefoot, I was worried.

Just incase, I soaked his foot in a warm epsom salt soak and sprayed some Vetirycn spray on his foot. It seemed to have nipped it in the bud and stopped any infection.

I see it now! :)

It doesn't look too bad. If you don't see any injuries or swelling, it's likely just a strain/sprain. I'd just keep an eye on it. It'll likely get better on it's own after a few days. If you can keep him in a smaller area (with a friend) in the mean time to let him rest a bit, that would also help.

Hi Yes he's a Khaki Campbell, I have 6, they are beautiful!!!!

Quick update - the limp is still there but not as bad. Looks like a sprain that is gradually getting better. He's still well enough to run for peas!!!

Thanks for all your help guys!

Thanks Jessica, ive just been reading your Hatties thread, I do hope it gets sorted soon, poor thing. Its horrible cos you don't know how much pain they are in too. The good people of Backyard Chickens may come up with something xxx

I know! I just wish they could talk to us. I hate seeing her like this.

I am hoping a few more days on anti biotics might clear it but it isn't looking good.
Everyone has been amazing with their suggestions but nothing seems to be working at the moment! Vet thinks it has spread to the bone :(
x

Back
Top Bottom