Lining a brooder box with a tarp?

Quatelmon

In the Brooder
6 Years
Feb 5, 2013
Suffolk County, NY
We made a plywood brooder box. I want to line it with a tarp so that the tarp covers the bottom, comes up and over the sides walls of the brooder. I will clip the tarp along the top of the box so that it stays put, and then put the pine shavings down. I want to do this so that I can just lift up the whole tarp, bring it to the compost, and clean it off really well. Does this sound like a bad idea? Thanks in advance!!!

It sounds like a really good idea!
thumbsup.gif

I'm glad people think it's a good idea! I wasn't going to put a bottom on the brooder, and just put a tarp underneath it, but then I got to thinking what if I could just take the whole tarp outside instead of scooping out litter once a week? I just wanted to see if there was a reason no one else has done this (I can't really find any pictures of it done online) I'll post pictures tomorrow when it's all set up!

I plan on doing this exact same thing but using a vinyl billboard ad instead of a tarp. I work for a billboard company so I have tons of them. Should look interesting!

Back
Top Bottom