List of hatcherys

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Fancy Feather Poultry, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Fancy Feather Poultry

Fancy Feather Poultry Cooped Up

May 30, 2007
    Can someone give me some hatchery links that have started pullets other then murray mcmurray and my pet chicken please.

2. peeps7

peeps7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    Meyer hatchery has 17week pullets.

3. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    I just got a 17 week old pullet and she was debeaked, hope you know that. They were from Meyer

Last edited: Sep 23, 2007
  4. Fancy Feather Poultry

Fancy Feather Poultry Cooped Up

May 30, 2007
    Yaa, im trying to find some where, where they dont debeak them and where there cheap.

5. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    Where are you at? Sometimes you can check craigslist and they will chickens you can get. We are going to order a bunch of chicks and sell them when they are feathered out. Lot's of people don't have time to do the brooding of new chick's. So we thought we'd do that. That's how we got our girls.

6. homecatmom

homecatmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I was just on the Meyer site and thought $5.40 was a great price! Then I looked at the shipping....almost fainted:eek:
    Cathy

7. serendipity22

serendipity22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    NC
    I have to imagine any started pullet from a hatchery will be debeaked. They're debeaked because they're raised in close contact with the other started pullets. It's for their protection. If that is a problem for you then you need to purchase from someone locally. It will be less expensive but quarantine them so they don't bring anything into your existing flock.

8. 2mnypets

2mnypets Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2007
    Galesburg, IL.
    I agree with serendipity. Most hatcheries that sell starter pullets will be debeaked. To me that's cruel. They can't peck and grab bugs and other food off the ground. You would have to ensure a bowl for whatever food they eat.

9. greyfields

greyfields Overrun With Chickens

Mar 15, 2007
    Washington State
    The Feathersite has a very comprehensive listing:

http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/BRKHatcheries.html

Shipping on POL pullets is brutal. If you can find anything within driving distance, you will spend far less in gas then you will in shipping. So if you can pick them up, do so!

Check craigslists as well. Sometimes people are moving and have to get rid of hens in lay qiuckly.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by