List your chicken breeds here!!

Hi!
I am trying to collect as many breeds as i can, but downside to this, every time i search, i really don't end up with that many more. If you have chickens, please list what breed they are, and please don't use abbreviations (SS, RIR, EE etc.). I can never understand what they mean.
Thank you!!
Silver Laced Wyandottes (not particularly rare) but by happenstance I also have 2 double laced Barnevelders. They were supposed to be EE. Beautiful chickens though

Polish chicken
Americana
Black sexlink
Buff orpington
French Maran
Golden comet
Cuckoo maran
Barred rocks
White leghorn
Rhode island red
French Maran
Thats a picture of some of them the others are laying eggs

Attachments

• 21DCAB1F-E495-424A-B847-5CA5C67327A9.jpeg
    21DCAB1F-E495-424A-B847-5CA5C67327A9.jpeg
    897.3 KB · Views: 1
These were named by the hatchery that bred them, so I'm sure they have different names at different places.
Jersey Red
Jersey Black
Jersey Gem
Jersey Brown
Jersey Splash ( I've also seen this called an American Splash online)
Lavender Orpington
Silver Laced Wyandotte
Cucoo Maran.

I started out with all purebreds hens - Aracauna, Australorp, Barred Rock, Black Star, Buff Orpington, Columbian Wyandott, Dark Cornish, Frizzle, Golden Laced Wyandotte, Partridge Rock, Pearl White Leghorn, Red Star, Rhode Island Red, Silver Laced Wyandotte - and first a purebred Partridge Rock rooster (best, sweetest rooster I ever had) and then a Leghorn rooster (worst rooster, a total paranoid nut who never ever shut up). After 25 years of crossbreeding for sweet personality, large eggs, and long egg laying, I now have a flock of colorful, gentle, personable layers of huge eggs. I've found that my crossbreeds stay healthier, lay longer, live longer (I have 2 that are going on 15 years) than any of their original purebred ancestors.

Birds I have had/have currently:
Colombian Rocks (very friendly, aggressive rooster though, but he did attack hawks and was overall amazing. I loved him, my family did not)
Easter Eggers
Cuckoo Marans
Black Sapphire Gem
Buff Orpingtons (sooo friendly, they are the best!)
Colored Egg Layer
Light Brown Leghorn (the most skittish and flighty)
Minorca (very smart, good layer, also super pretty)
Cochin Marans cross
Gold and Silver Laced Wyandottes

Overall my favorites have been the Colombian Rocks and Buff Orpingtons. If you like lap sitters these are the breeds for you, they are so easy to tame. All of mine of these breeds have been lap birds, except for the rooster. He wanted to kill anything that wasn’t one of his hens—although he and I did have an understanding (that sometimes needed to be reestablished. But I adored him, he and another hen were my first chickens ever)

If you like pretty I would go with Minorcas, Black Sapphire Gems, and Cochins. I only still have the Cochin Marans mix, but I was freshly amazed each time I saw any of these three. They were stunning.

For egg layers I would go with Leghorns, they are known for laying, also Easter Egger Colombian Rock crosses are excellent layers as well.

I always feel stress about breeds, like, I don’t have the time or space but I want ALL of them! :lol:

I have 12 hens
Delaware
Easter egger
Buff Orpington
Black sexlink
Silver laced Wyandotte
Gold sexlink
Welsummer
Olive egger
Black jersey giant
Blue laced red Wyandotte
Columbian Wyandotte
Cuckoo maran

I have 14 chickens right now. I have
French Maran ( talks all the time)
Amauracana(2)
White leghorn
Polish
Bared Rock(2)(also talk alot)
Golden Comet
Black Sexlink
Buff Orington
rhode island red
Welsummer
Brahma
Brown leghorn
The last 3 and one of the amercaunas are chicks 🐥

Red Sex Links and White Leghorn right now, but if I could I'd also have Easter Eggers, Barred Rocks, Speckled Sussex, Blue Andalusians, and Cochins.

Back
Top Bottom