Listless after respiratory illness

erinallison

In the Brooder
Oct 21, 2020
Hey all,

Advice please! My flock came down with a respiratory illness (sneezing, difficulty breathing), and we treated all with Titran powder on advice of the vet.

They recovered from the respiratory thing, and seven out of nine seem back to normal but two of them are not right. Both of the two seemed very listless, low energy, and their combs looked abnormal (one went pale, the other's comb is now dark around the edges). They were both eating and drinking a little-don't seem too interested in food.

One of them has died, and the other seems to be barely hanging on. She's losing weight and acting abnormal--i.e., you put fresh water out, and she'd rather drink from the muddy puddle next to the dish, or wander off (they are free range) and I find her with her face to the garage wall, barely moving.

Any advice? I can't keep going back to the vet! I don't want this second one to die. She's over the respiratory illness but she's just-not getting better.

Thanks, I will try it. Is this something that I can buy locally/at a feed store so I don’t have to wait for shipping? I just don’t want her to worsen. My neighborhood pet store sells something called Amoxitex for birds but not sure if it will work.

That will work splendidly as the ingredients are exactly what you want. Active Ingredients: Amoxicillin Trihydrate (150 mg/g), Tylosin Tartrate (100 mg/g).

Excellent! Now, this may be answered in another thread but how long must I wait to eat this chicken and eggs once they have been treated with antibiotics?I’ve read one month, But not sure.

Back
Top Bottom