little feathered genuises!

Well, in any case, if I do eat meat... I want the animal to have had a VERY good, peaceful life. I am not happy with the way animals are treated in factories. Figured I should point that out.

I think it's hard to compare a human to an animal. I believe we, too, have instincts, but as humans, I think some are different than those of a bird lol. We also have MUCH longer life spans than chickens, though, and we too learn how to survive,walk, chew food and all of that... just in a different time span. Which seems pretty expected to me, considering the oldest humans are over 100 years old (I think) and the "World's Oldest Living Chicken" was apparently 16 according to Wikipedia, lol. They have much shorter lives, so their learning comes faster.
But no one on earth, it's just how it is, really knows what chickens know. They could know more than us.

Last edited:
Well, instead of taking to you then, should I go ask a chicken? Lol

Before stating that as a fact, maybe you should do some research on the different parts of our brains and the amount of information we can store inside them compared to a chicken. Sure, they know what predators look like WHEN THEY SEE ONE. I don't think they hatch and automatically have a little predator dictionary in their heads. I think that's instinct, not necessarily intelligence. Have chickens figured out how to come up with medicine, build a plane, or go to the moon? What have chickens done?

Well, instead of taking to you then, should I go ask a chicken? Lol

Before stating that as a fact, maybe you should do some research on the different parts of our brains and the amount of information we can store inside them compared to a chicken. Sure, they know what predators look like WHEN THEY SEE ONE. I don't think they hatch and automatically have a little predator dictionary in their heads. I think that's instinct, not necessarily intelligence. Have chickens figured out how to come up with medicine, build a plane, or go to the moon? What have chickens done?

Did you?

Last edited:
Right at this moment, my chickens are torturing a frog about the size of a baseball that got into their coop. They haven't killed it or started eating it yet, but they've been picking at it for hours, acting amused at the noises it makes and carrying it around by a leg from one end of the pen to the other. Like anything else, they also learn things from experience. Soon they'll figure out that he's food.

Right at this moment, my chickens are torturing a frog about the size of a baseball that got into their coop. They haven't killed it or started eating it yet, but they've been picking at it for hours, acting amused at the noises it makes and carrying it around by a leg from one end of the pen to the other. Like anything else, they also learn things from experience. Soon they'll figure out that he's food.
Good point.

Last edited:
Have you heard about the chickens who peek each other's eyeballs out or the ones who start bleeding, and their friends chickens peck the wound because it's red? Does that sound like intelligence or sweet, not tortuous behavior?

Also, if my natural food source is a type of meat... and *I* pick a pig up and start chucking it around and having fun "playing" with it, is that torture, or is it someone playing with its natural food source?

Yep, that's what I was trying to get through too. That everything is equally smart.;) Humans, chickens, cows, horses, ECT

I wonder if you have said anything contradicting this statement...

It think it's funny, though you have to wait months before teaching a baby something and you can train a chick the day it's born people still think humans are smarter. Silly humans!:p

But really, no matter what size of a brain, chickens are smarter than humans.

Just because we know how to do all that stuff doesn't make us smart. Actually, we are pretty darn stupid.

...and what was that? Do you think humans are as smart as chickens now?

Back
Top Bottom