Little Giant 9300 New Design with Digital Controls

The digital control on the incubator reads about 1.5 to 2 degrees low for the temp but 15-20 high for humidity. At least on mine it does.

I wonder if the thing is off that bad or if the conditions when they preset it affect the read out?
Like if they are presetting it in a controlled environment that is different than our homes, air pressure and temp/ humidity.

And does anyone know if the old turners fit in it?
It looks like it would.

Yes I feel it's running low too! Did you leave the piece of plastic it was stapled to on? I took it off then upon reading directions put it back on, its an after mention in step 6, I kept moving the probe and trying it in different spots with my scientific thermometer. The most accurate spot for probe are the two corners farthest away from heater, with the scientific T in middle tad bit south of heater, I got the temps to match. Really like the thermostat feature this will be easier than my last attempts! I also pulled both red plugs, this seemed to help even out the temperature distribution throughout the incubator.

Last edited:
Yea, and if you do mount a fan in it, I would mount it on the top, blowing up with a small spacer so it deflects the air off the top. That way it doesn't blow directly over the eggs, but should make the temp and humidity more evenly distributed.
It made a huge difference in my 9200.

I have the 9300 with the fan installed, it still was not completely equal until I pulled the other plug, that they recommended to leave in until hatch. I'll check next time I have lid off to see which way it blows, that's interesting and makes sense to me!

If you have a 9300 with a fan, what fan did someone use on it?
The "factory" fan for it isn't due to be release until fall.

I ordered it from Coopsnmore with factory fan installed. When I called Miller they were out of stock. I did this to see if I could save a buck by ordering separately. I almost ordered a 9200 until I called Miller and found out they discontinued parts for it. Coopsnmore might have fans in stock. Looks like the one on box minus the tag in the middle, maybe its a knock off.

Last edited:
How odd, when I contacted miller trying to get the digital controller, they told me in wouldn't work on the 9200 heating element and I wouldn't upgrade to the 9300 without forced air. They then said the fans wouldn't be marketed until this fall.

Hrm, in that pic, is the fan actually built into the heating element?
It looks like the heating element, but with a fan stuck into the middle of it.

Just saw someone sell the 9200 on Craigslist for $40 in a day, I tried to buy it! Got this one for under $90 with shipping. Might be a good way to upgrade without much of loss. Our local Farm store sells the bare bones 9200 for $70.00. The fan in mine might be a knock off it looks the same minus the tag on mine. Another neat thing might be to buy the 9300 and use it as a hatcher if you're incubating regularly. I'm just trying to get a city backyard flock going, that's why I chose flightless Silkies after watching my neighbors chickens escape and cruise the avenue or school yard.

Back
Top Bottom