little giant 9300

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by bamadude, Jun 14, 2014.

1. jurczak09

jurczak09 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 6, 2014
    Thanks! So far it's s staying in 100 degree range and I didn't touch the humidity since reading it's somewhat in between the two. It's only the third day and 21 didn't sound like that long but my gosh it seems like an eternity! I'm am trying not to obsess but it's hard not to!

2. TheGeekySheep

TheGeekySheep Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2012
    Georgia
    Day 18, just locked down! I decided to keep them on their sides, and I taped the probes to a small cardboard jewelry box about the same height as the eggs.

A little nervous because the air cells have gotten pretty big since I last candled on day 15, I guess it hasn't rained lately and humidity has been low. But I filled up the water channels, so here's hoping no one gets shrink-wrapped.

Now the long wait begins! My little Marans needs something more than NPR to keep him company. :)

3. bamadude

bamadude Overrun With Chickens

Jan 26, 2014
    skipperville
    good luck. I hope u cut up a sponge to put in ur channels to increase surface area (and raise humidity). It really helps

4. TheGeekySheep

Jun 27, 2012
    Georgia

I sure did. :)

5. TheGeekySheep

Jun 27, 2012
    Georgia
    So. Much. Peeping.

My lone chick can hear the peeps in the incubator and he's peeping back to them. Except he must think they're very far away because he's being extra loud so they can hear him.

1 person likes this.
  6. TheGeekySheep

Jun 27, 2012
    Georgia
    It's happening! 4 pips! Too bad I can't call in sick tomorrow, haha.

7. TheGeekySheep

Jun 27, 2012
    Georgia
    Three out so far overnight. Probes are staying mostly in place so far.

[​IMG]

8. TheGeekySheep

Jun 27, 2012
    Georgia
    When I left for work this morning there were 3 chicks hatched. I went by home on my lunch break and now there's 5 (1 lavender am, 2 lavender orps, and 2 welsummers). :)

I had to weigh down the jewelry box with the probes taped to it with some rocks because they were still managing to knock everything around.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. only1bgirl

only1bgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2014
    Oregon
    Waiting for the postman to deliver another two dozen eggs today, it's 90 degrees here, the addiction overrides common sense every time, LOL! Two chicks are doing well in their brooder, another symptom of the addiction, I have a heat lamp going in the house during July. :)
    I hope everyone's incubators and hatches are going good!
    Great News Geeky Sheep!

10. only1bgirl

only1bgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2014
    Oregon
    Look at this assortment of Silkie eggs, some of them are tiny, almost like a quail egg. Figured I'd just put them straight away into incubator since they are warm already! The madness continues![​IMG]
    Might be getting some local buff eggs this weekend too, I'd like to try to hatch some on sides, since the turner hasn't arrived yet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by