little giant 9300

Its okay it'll give me time to see if my lavender orps are pullets. They're the only ones I'm not sure of because they still don't have tails at this point but maybe orpingtons feather out differently.

I have two welsummer pullets for sure, but I think they may be the only ones in the bunch!

If u have a breeding pair of both,,, i will want some eggs

Pair of orps? Unfortunately I won't have eggs because I promised my neighbor I wouldn't keep a rooster when I moved in, so I'll have to find homes for my cockerels once they've feathered out.

Thank you! I opted to just lay on their side. This morning I had my first one hatch. It was kind of early since hatch day isn't until tomorrow but apparently it wasn't waiting :) I'm super excited even though I only have 1 and n no others are even piping yet but we'll see how it goes. Still happy even I'd only 1 comes because that means I at least did something right for my first hatch!

quote name="TheGeekySheep" url="/t/897744/little-giant-9300/180#post_13852259"]
I have heard both ways.  Some people put them in an egg carton so that the tops are approximately the same level as when they were in the turner, which might be something to consider if you have still air, but I think you have circulated air so it shouldn't matter.

And then some people lay them on their sides because that way chicks don't have to work against gravity to hatch.  Good luck!
[/quote]

1 thing i will do different next time i lockdown is raise the bator up. I will put a book or 2 under the bottom corners (careful to not block the air holes). When u add water to the channels it can block the air holes in the bottom.

Against my better judgement yes I put the turner in, upon candling looks like maybe 5 out of 10 are still viable. Only opened one egg and it looks like it quit around day 8 or so about the time I put the turner in. It's a pain to have the probe sitting on top of eggs with turner it moves all over, so I put it against the side wall of incubator between turner. I'm running temperature off of digital that is sitting egg high and digital is set at 96. I'll be really surprised if any hatch out of this clutch, they were shipped in the middle of a heatwave. One egg appears to be developing with a sloppy air cell not sure how, will be interesting. Day 15 so we'll know soon. Did find a contact for local eggs, she has only one color available though. I'm sure this will not be the end of my summer of incubating, LOL!

We're not supposed to have roosters here too, if I do end up with one, I might try kenneling him at night with a dark blanket over his cage like a parrot! Neat to hear about the collar too! Would love to have my own fertile eggs and a bloody hen. Read somewhere that sometimes Silkie hens crow too, silly birds!

Back
Top Bottom