Little Giant Hatch Along

Quote:
Yay!
smile.png
how exciting!
jumpy.gif

Quote:
That's a fun age, when they are the most curious!!
big_smile.png

I was hoping that my granddaughter would have gotten to do this when she was in pre-k, but as I had said in another post, the schools around here just don't have the money to put into an incubator, especially at that grade level. When I was in school we had to wait until 7th grade science, but we also had FFA in the schools so they provided the equipment.

We were very forunate to have an LG donated to our school about 3 years ago, or else we not have been able to afford it either! I've been wanting to hatch chicks in my classroom for years, so I was very exicted when we got one.
Last year th 4th and 5th students were involved, and helped with the hatching. They made a chart of the daily temp, and checked the humidity. This year they have a new teacher, so they are not helping as much, which is kinda a bummer.

Unforunately, I have yet to have a super good hatch where most of the chicks are born. But last year I performed the "eggtopy" with the 5th graders, and I think most of them enjoyed it (some of them were grossed out, though.
sickbyc.gif
) and learned alot.

Here's hoping for a good hatch this year!

Thank you for all the well wishes with my temps.
I finally figured out what was wrong. My cord wasn't postioned on the little indent, so the lid was't closed properly.
th.gif

So I got it all fixed, and set just 4 little eggies this morning. Bator ran a little warm today, more in the 100 range for most of the day. It's come down since evening, and now running at 99.8. I'm just going to leave it and see what happens. In the past years when it's been off by just this little, and I've twisted the knobb, I've been plagued by inconstant temps and they tend to be too low. My hatches are always a few days late. This year I really need the chickies to come out closer to on time, since they're due right before we leave for Easter break. A day early wouldn't be the end of world.

Here's hoping for a good hatch! I'll keep y'all posted on how it comes!
fl.gif

Also, congrats to all who saw movement today!

Candled last night and we have 17 out of 19 eggs that have movement
wee.gif
2 of them I put a ? mark on because one I just can't see anything and the other has a black spot, I am thinking that it is a bad egg
sad.png

We are on days 8 and 9. So I am hoping all goes smoothly for the rest of the time period.
fl.gif

Quote:
Yay! what day are you on?

Im on day 5

YAY
woot.gif
you are just a few days behind us, so you should see movement in a few more days probably. That is what happen with ours. We had 1 lone egg that we seen the eye in and then last night we had all those moving.
ya.gif
ya.gif

Good Luck

Back
Top Bottom