Little Giant Hatch Along

Quote:
Maybe I am just really bad at candling.....what are you using??? Heading to the closet again now!

Redneck candle system. A box wrapped around a lamp and duct tape to hold it with a hole on top

I love my LG,
smack.gif
<--- everyone how down's it!!! lol jk jk

I hatched out so far this lockdown 4 Turkey Chicks, Three Chicken Eggs Pipped another turkey pipped and a turkey zipped, this was this morning before I left for work!!! Can't wait to go home!
jumpy.gif

Quote:
I know you are excited.....I would not have been able to leave them!

Am ok with the LG....DH bought it after we lost my cochin hen.....HE KNEW which eggs were hers!

I have a huge incubator I was given that is inside a fridge. DH did not want to take the time to run it a few days to see how it was working. So I appreciate the LG.

Good luck on your hatch!!

Quote:
Maybe I am just really bad at candling.....what are you using??? Heading to the closet again now!

Went to the closet and candled. One blood ring....am pretty sure that was what I was seeing and will look it up online to be sure. Seven more......YES!

Finally I saw veins. Finally I saw the black spot. And FINALLY it moved!

Then I went and got 4 cochin eggs.....could see veins and the dark spot that must be an eye or the beak!!!! Yeah Sweet Harry....you the man!!!

(Big Momma and Lil' Momma were his girls. A racoon got Big Momma. That was the reason my husband went out and bought me the LG. Then he hand picked through the eggs to find the cochin eggs. He has been bringing in the eggs for the seven weeks we worked an outage. He always keeps the mixed, BR's and cochin eggs separate to show me. And they are rounder than the others so that helps.)

So......won't candle any more until the weekend when my DGD is here because we are Chicken Partners after all.....yeah us!!!

I am so glad to hear that those eggs are developing good
thumbsup.gif
jumpy.gif
You will have chicks before you know it
jumpy.gif

So far here is the total.

5 Turkey Chicks in the Brooder
1 Turkey Chick Drying
2 EE Chicks Drying
3 EE Eggs Pipped
1 Turkey Egg Pipped
2 Turkeys Pipped but both appear to have died