Little Giant Hatch Along

we now have 18 chicks hatched out and 20 more to go today is day 21
smile.png

I love my LG Incubator .......

Try this people who are having trouble with your digital thermometers.

For under 2.00 purchase a fish tank thermometer you will be shocked at how off the digital thermometers can be.

Also get the clock like Humidity Gage I paid like 1.00 for it at Walmart.

I have a fan in my incubator the digital ( Acurite ) is reading 102.7 but the fish tank thermometer is reading 1 notch below 100.0 degrees

My Humidity Gage is reading 75 % humidity.

Also another thing I found helpful , Not adding water from day 1 - day to day - 17 ( Dry Incubation )
on Lock down day 18 I add rags, pads, you get the idea anything that will hold water.

I fill up my water canals and Never Open the incubator I use a Straw and I spit water through the vent holes onto the rag or pads.

My bed room temperatures flux between 75 degrees and 89 degrees but the temp in the incubator stays the same with the fan.
Even if you can't afford the fan kit go to the dollar store buy a small electric or battery operated fan point it up towards the Elements
This will do just as good, thats what I have in my LG incubator that I use as a hatcher.

Here is a video of some of them
smile.png

Good luck everyone
smile.png

Last edited:
I'm in as well I have an LG with fan and turner, I set 12 RIR eggs on the evening of the 11th. I didn't candle until day 12, so far I think I have 10 that are good. Hatch day is April 1st.

Quote:
Good luck
smile.png

I like using the egg turner in my incubator too it makes life so much more easier.

I started only candling 1 time at around day 10 but some of my green eggs I can't see through so they are like surprise hatches lol

Good luck on your hatch !!!!
fl.gif

Quote:
Good luck!!
jumpy.gif

Thanks! How did your first hatch go? I'm trying to learn everything that I can before I give it another go - I'm interested in seeing how much difference the fan makes for you!

Quote:
Good luck!!
jumpy.gif

Thanks! How did your first hatch go? I'm trying to learn everything that I can before I give it another go - I'm interested in seeing how much difference the fan makes for you!

My first hatch I started with 11 eggs. 7 developed and went into lockdown. 1 hatched and 1 pipped but then died. I was too scared to intervene
sad.png
I didnt have any others hatch. They were shipped eggs but all were in great shape and seemed to be developing great. I think I had some temp issues though. So far my temps have been great with the fan. These eggs were also bought from local breeders.

Last edited:
Allaboutyou.., beautiful eggs, like bubble wrap. Lg does have fluctuation issues with the thin styrofoam. Im tempted to try miss prissy set up with heavier styrofoam shipping box or find one I can slide this thing into. This is my experimental unit. Going to try a neglectful broody imitation similar to the one im doing now, next time. I don't use a digital, they frustrate me no end, took them back, kept one on fridge. I have three accurate older mercury thermometers. I don't get too hung up on humidity till lockdown. But it is so humid here that I just fill resevoirs on day 18. Can't wait for your and everyones results.

I'm having trouble getting my humidity up over 60% for lockdown - I have all of the reservoirs filled and three wet sponges. Any suggestions???

idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom