Little Giant Hatch Along

Quote:
wow. Is there any way you could check your humidity gage? That doesn't seen right.

It's seemed fairly accurate up to this point. I'm at a loss... maybe I just need to give it more time to adjust...

NEWBIE QUESTIONS HERE:

Do I or do I not put water in it from the start....I have been but it is not humid here right now...well except today as it started raining?

Lockdown.....will take the turner out and place the eggs on the grate...right? and then don't open until after they hatch but at that point the humidity is really the issue and WHAT exactly should the humidity be? I plan to have the small brooder in there with the incubator but don't plan on taking out any chicks until they look dry....is it okay to open it long enough to statch a chick out at that point....or leave them until all have hatched?

My temps are holding steady and have all along. The room is draft free and I have not had to adjust at all.

Heck, no wonder everyone gets nervous.

I need to add water to mine again today and was wondering how people are doing that through the vent holes?? I have air hose from old fish tank and I have a small syringe (the ones that you put meds in for kids), do you all use a bigger one and if you do, where did you get it?

I am going to add the food coloring too so that I can see the water levels better.

I am trying to wait till my hygrometer is ready to go back in before I add the water. I am testing it and right now about 25 minutes after I put it in the bag it is reading 56% humidity, so I think it is was right on the money, I just needed to get the heat up in the bator which is between 99.5 and 102, still fluxing, but not going below 99.5.

Quote:
I'm using a "bendy straw" and a bulb suctioner (like the ones they use for babies) - that way I can get the water right where I want it! Are you locked down???

Just got home and my sponge was dry as a cracker! Humidity was down to 20, trying to get it back to 40 ugg. temp back down to 98.4
he.gif

Congrats stormymoon hope I get a good hatch and that everyone else does to
jumpy.gif

Quote:
I'm using a "bendy straw" and a bulb suctioner (like the ones they use for babies) - that way I can get the water right where I want it! Are you locked down???

Didn't think about that, wonder if I can find one of ours???

No, we won't be in lockdown until April 9th, I think, I would have to look at the calandar. Is the bendy straw long enough?? Doesn't seem like it would be and how do you keep the water from getting to cool while you are doing this?

Our house is like 68 degrees right now and the heat is on so I know the water would get cold before I got all the wells filled, and our water is pretty hot right out of the tap.

My lg hater is holding well to the temp, fluctuates not even a full degree. Day 2 and I candled one of the fresher eggs I got and can already see the blood island
thumbsup.gif

Quote:

Didn't think about that, wonder if I can find one of ours???

No, we won't be in lockdown until April 9th, I think, I would have to look at the calandar. Is the bendy straw long enough?? Doesn't seem like it would be and how do you keep the water from getting to cool while you are doing this?

Our house is like 68 degrees right now and the heat is on so I know the water would get cold before I got all the wells filled, and our water is pretty hot right out of the tap.

The bendy straw I found in a drawer from.... well who knows when was long enough I am using it to keep the sponge wet but not sure about it reaching the water wells in the bottom. Lock down for me is april 9th, cant wait
big_smile.png
I candled 2 of the eggs are clear but I am going to wait till day 7 and make sure.

mudchicken glad you joined us
thumbsup.gif

Had the same problem with the water reservoir in the LG and by outlining the the reservoir with a felt tip pen, can easily see with a flashlight exactly where to put the water. I use a turkey baster and keep the middle egg holes open for theremometer plus adding water.
With the baster I only need to open the bator for a second- pop the baster in the reserved space- squeeze and cover.

Back
Top Bottom