Little Giant Hatch Along

Quote:
Be careful, it's super addictive. I had new eggs in my bator the day after my first hatch finished.
tongue.png

Quote:
That's a fun age, when they are the most curious!!
big_smile.png

I was hoping that my granddaughter would have gotten to do this when she was in pre-k, but as I had said in another post, the schools around here just don't have the money to put into an incubator, especially at that grade level. When I was in school we had to wait until 7th grade science, but we also had FFA in the schools so they provided the equipment.

Quote:
Be careful, it's super addictive. I had new eggs in my bator the day after my first hatch finished.
tongue.png

I was sure that I would not get addicted to hatching eggs but I can already tell we are doomed
hide.gif

Quote:
big_smile.png

I was hoping that my granddaughter would have gotten to do this when she was in pre-k, but as I had said in another post, the schools around here just don't have the money to put into an incubator, especially at that grade level. When I was in school we had to wait until 7th grade science, but we also had FFA in the schools so they provided the equipment.

We where able to hatch eggs out when I was in public school, I think thats what started me on my chicken journey.

Quote:
big_smile.png

We where able to hatch eggs out when I was in public school, I think thats what started me on my chicken journey.

Well I have to say that was not really a fun time for me, but at least we got the experience.

I actually ended up walking out of class after we were about a week or week and half into it. I was VERY sentimental and our teacher began opening eggs during different stages and I just couldn't handle that. We had the photographs to look at each stage, but he thought we needed a bit more involvement. I didn't eat eggs or chicken for years after that!!

I have a couple LGs I hatch in all the time. I usually have really good hatches. I have computer fans in mine and use a egg turner. I will be setting some more eggs and some guinea eggs in a few days.

Back
Top Bottom