Little Giant Hatch Along

Quote:
I would not give up just yet. I set on March 22.....but I am only day 19 until 8pm tonight. I do not have any of the rocking nor do I have pips. Things are still going steady and I candled a few on lockdown day and still saw movement. There are people on here talking about eggs not hatching until day 24.........

Will be watching.

***ok....I went out and bought a stethoscope. When my DGD and I took turns listening we could hear a heartbeat and you can hear movement. I had to listen to the cat, myself and my DGD to be sure. I had to lay the egg in a bowl with a washrag and hold the steth with a washrag to be sure I was not hearing myself or movement I was making. And do you have a really good flashlight. Before you give up and call it a wash candle again, even just one or a couple and see if there is anything moving.

Thanks bburn .
I'll give them another couple of days, and if they continue the wipeout, I'll recheck the walmart digital thermometer.
It was steady at 99 and 100 for the whole time... no spikes . Did drop to 95 when I removed the turner but readjusted within a few hours... Maybe it was sending bad data from day 1. Gotta blame something.....

Luvmychixandducks...sending good vibes for you and your hatchers to be..hoping you get a few out of it ..at least..

We have had two hatch so far..we are on day 21..one more is pipped, two more look promising..one is probably a dud...but we are happy we have gotten any out of these as we didn't realize they were left alone util a full 7 hours after momma hen was killed by a coon..I am hoping mine got slowed down by the gap of steady heat around the fourteenth day (when momma was found dead in the morning...we have since then caught 4 raccoons in our trap and my hubby has given them all of them wings..)

Got home from work this evening and noticed I have my first pip!!! Yea!!!
jumpy.gif
woot.gif

Gonna be a long night!!

Last edited:
WELL Im gonna join my own lil hatch along today at 5 haha beings everyone's already hatching this is my FIRST TIME EVER!!! hatching eggs I've always bought chicks and i was very sketchy about my lil giant after reading all the reviews on here about it I was gonna take it back this morning till i saw this thread lol so being a first timer id like to ask for any advice you all have PLEASE and THANK YOU wishing you all successful hatches
yippiechickie.gif

Hey shortcircuitranch2332! Me tooo!! this is my first time hatching and I am borrowing an lg. I have been monitoring the temps in the bator since about 9:30pm yesterday. Wasn't home today to watch it, but was only about 92 when I did get home. Turned it up a little and am going to watch it this eve. I am going to put my eggs in tomorrow morn!!
hide.gif
th.gif
ya.gif
I sure hope I can get it regulated by then! I'm going to start out with about 12 eggs. Sooo egg-sited!! and Sooo anxious!!

Back
Top Bottom