Little Giant Hatch Along

#5 just POPPED out and I do mean POPPED!!
ep.gif

My son was watching, I figured it had about another 15 minutes or so, I turned around set down at the computer and he says "it just popped out"!
ya.gif

He is having a blast with this whole experience!!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
mine was fairly easy to regulate took about 2 hours they are SUPER sensitive so make SUPER tiny adjustments while you set it lol and do you have a thermometer and a hydrometer?
I set my eggs about an hour ago aside from a humidity spike that's all that I had problem but removal of some water solved that I set 18 eggs old English game fowl so im supper egg-sited lol
yippiechickie.gif

Yes, I have a thermometer and hydrometer. It is right at 100 right now. I'm going to wait until tomorrow eve to set the eggs. Will watch the therm. to see if it stays regulated. This is soooo exciting!! In the last hour we found one of our hens in the barn, (was supposed to be in the henhouse) sitting on 14 eggs!!!
ep.gif
We just moved her & the eggs into a separate hh. Hope this works
fl.gif
We've been wanting a broody hen. First one in almost 3 yrs.! I also have about 13 new chicks coming the end of may!! I may have bit off more than I can chew!
hide.gif
With the ones in the bator, the 14 under the broody, and the new ones coming in may, CHICK overload!!. We don't know how long the eggs have been out in the barn. Probably all won't hatch, but still, THAT'S ALOT OF CHICKS for me!! Did I mention, we also have 21 adult chickens!! THis is going to be FUN!!

Quote:
Still waiting here....one pip. Happened around 6pm. Now it is 10 and nothing....except the tiny chip fell off that it had pipped. And chirping every once in a while. Now what was it I said about being patient???? I can't seem to remember.......
wee.gif

Quote:
mine was fairly easy to regulate took about 2 hours they are SUPER sensitive so make SUPER tiny adjustments while you set it lol and do you have a thermometer and a hydrometer?
I set my eggs about an hour ago aside from a humidity spike that's all that I had problem but removal of some water solved that I set 18 eggs old English game fowl so im supper egg-sited lol
yippiechickie.gif

Yes, I have a thermometer and hydrometer. It is right at 100 right now. I'm going to wait until tomorrow eve to set the eggs. Will watch the therm. to see if it stays regulated. This is soooo exciting!! In the last hour we found one of our hens in the barn, (was supposed to be in the henhouse) sitting on 14 eggs!!!
ep.gif
We just moved her & the eggs into a separate hh. Hope this works
fl.gif
We've been wanting a broody hen. First one in almost 3 yrs.! I also have about 13 new chicks coming the end of may!! I may have bit off more than I can chew!
hide.gif
With the ones in the bator, the 14 under the broody, and the new ones coming in may, CHICK overload!!. We don't know how long the eggs have been out in the barn. Probably all won't hatch, but still, THAT'S ALOT OF CHICKS for me!! Did I mention, we also have 21 adult chickens!! THis is going to be FUN!!

were did you get yours at? I had fun (sarcasm) trying to find a hydrometer people I asked looked at me like what the **** are you talking about haha I finally found a hydrometer and thermometer combo at pet smart haha who would have thought
WOW that's awesome I want a broody hen my game fowl are supposed to be REALLY broody but I will collect eggs till I notice one of them going broody lol
ya I got the chick overload I'm Just starting again (lost my flock few years back to coyote) so I have just about every chick I could find in my local co-ops lol im at 2 turkeys 31 chicks and 5 ducks and I'll be getting more ducks and probably geese on the 23-25 when they get them in and this isn't fun...........ITS A BLAST!! lol

I found my hydrometer at wal-mart. It too, is a thermometer/hydrometer combo. but it is working just fine. I have an aquarium thermometer in with it just to have comparison. I'm new at this, and I'm taking the advice of Chookchicks, and she recommended the aquarium themos. My dh is going to try to install a fan in my still air bator tomorrow. I hope I can set mine tomorrow as planned! Sorry to hear about the coyote episode!
sad.png
That would be very disheartening. Glad your gettin' back your flock! Happy hatching
frow.gif

Sorry I'm late.. my face was glued to the incubator window..
lol.png
Hatch 17 of 22 what I think are Easter Eggers.. but they look like mini Owls..
ep.gif

80017_ee_hatch_incubator.jpg

haha I did the exact same thing added the aquarium thermo, I didnt try the fan I wanted
ya it was kind of a hard hit and I didnt wanna do it again for a few years cuz I didnt wanna deal with the losses but seen the chicks and im at 31 LMAO

Back
Top Bottom