Little Giant Hatch Along

When you lock down, is that full three days bf hatch? So in other words, if ours are due to hatch the 19th, should we quit turning the eggs on the 16th, or the 17th? Is hatch day considered one of the three full days?

Last edited:
Quote:
Yes, lockdown three days before the hatch date, which will be the 16th for you.
thumbsup.gif

I am interrupting these posts to show a picture of Sweet Baby....one of my three cochins that has hatched....finally!
Fourteen eggs left in the incubator and four have pips.....so excited....so tired....I need sleep!!

62714_110_4379.jpg

Quote:
I had that experience and yes, I took mine out, every time I would get a chick out, I would take out another carton. I will never use them again, I ended up with all my eggs lying on the grate on their sides.

Are your seperated or all one? If seperated I would wait until you HAVE to get a chick out (and by the way, I did this through the top, pop open a 'glass' panel and hold in place if the chick moves, the grab when the time is right, you don't loose a lot of humidity or heat) and then quickly take the egg out gently and pull the egg carton out.

If whole, I don't know??

Quote:
I had that experience and yes, I took mine out, every time I would get a chick out, I would take out another carton. I will never use them again, I ended up with all my eggs lying on the grate on their sides.

Are your seperated or all one? If seperated I would wait until you HAVE to get a chick out (and by the way, I did this through the top, pop open a 'glass' panel and hold in place if the chick moves, the grab when the time is right, you don't loose a lot of humidity or heat) and then quickly take the egg out gently and pull the egg carton out.

If whole, I don't know??

Thank u! i switched them out, emptied a lot of the the water, seeing if I can the humidity at a more desirable level. I can tell this is going to e a loooooong couple days!
hu.gif

Quote:

If whole, I don't know??

Thank u! i switched them out, emptied a lot of the the water, seeing if I can the humidity at a more desirable level. I can tell this is going to e a loooooong couple days!
hu.gif

If your humidity gets too high, just pull out a red plug, the one over the fan (if you have one) quickly gets the humidity down.

Good luck!

Quote:

If whole, I don't know??

That happen to me too and I went back to the old way laying them down on their sides. Its up to you but as long as no pips yet i would go ahead and take them out too.

I go on lockdown Saturday....I'm really nervous and worried
hide.gif

I candled again tonight and I'm iffy about a few. If I'm right about them I'm down to 21 eggs. My maran eggs are so dark, I can't see anything other than the air sack.

I've also got an issue with bacteria or something else. There's a musty smell like an old sponge coming from the bator, and I have no idea what to do. Can I take the eggs out for a few minutes and clean it with hot boiling water? Soapy water?
he.gif

I'm praying that I don't lose them
fl.gif
but I'm also trying to prepare myself for disaster. I have no idea where the smell is coming from, but I'm starting to suspect that my bator was used, poorly cleaned and returned to the store
somad.gif
: The bator wasn't in plastic and it looked like it had been taken out of the box, but I just assumed someone had taken it out of it's box at the store.

So now I'm hoping for the best, but prepared for the worst
sad.png
I guess I'll know in a few days

Few.hours will.be the beginning of day 21. I've got nothing, no movement or pip's or anything. Kinda worried. Maybe im on day 20. The very moment I put the eggs in I called it day 1, on march 25 th. When candled everything looked good. What's goin o.

Back
Top Bottom