Little Giant Hatch Along

Quote:
They should be ok, with the low temps you will want to give them a little longer to hatch just resume as normal and just give them a larger window of days to hatch from like instead of the 21 give them an extra 4 days to catch up, which will be day 25 for you.

Last edited:
Quote:
Come on little girl, you CAN do it..
fl.gif

She made it
896edcd5.jpg

d0d37856.jpg

Quote:
They should be ok, with the low temps you will want to give them a little longer to hatch just resume as normal and just give them a larger window of days to hatch from like instead of the 21 give them an extra 4 days to catch up, which will be day 25 for you.

Thank you StormyMoon!! I will give them extra days as you suggest!!

These are pictures of my week old chickie babies. They are now in the garage in the 'big' brooder. It is a truck bed liner that we fixed up last year for the current flock out in the Chicken Village.

You can see the playground for the chicks. It amazes me that they actually use it. They love the log and take naps on it. The rock is funny because they get up on top and look down at everyone else. There are the cochins, three barred rocks and the rest are out of my layers with a Buff Orpington roo over RIR hens, one Partridge Rock and one Dark Cornish(who since has gone broody and is on the exact same stage as my fully loaded incubator! Oh, my, fluffy butts everywhere!

62714_110_4547.jpg

I put a clear tote lid in and propped it up to keep the heat in the corner where they were gathered the first night. I have a thermometer in there and they have the right heat for their age.

62714_110_4549.jpg

62714_110_4514.jpg

62714_110_4529.jpg

62714_110_4524.jpg

62714_110_4554.jpg

62714_110_4543.jpg

62714_110_4569.jpg

Two BOx RIR or Partridge Rock or Dark Cornish chicks and the one on the right is one of my precious cochin chicks.

Very nice set up! Our last batch only hatched one chick and this chick was very upset that she was born all alone so she would protest/squeak all the time, I finally put in a stuffed rottweiler toy and she loved it. Then went out and bought her 3 buddies...which she proceeded to peck...thankfully they are all getting along now.

Quote:
AAAAAWWWWWW!!
love.gif
And great setup!! I love all the room they have!

Thanks....I love the room for them also....and they use it. You ought to see them try to fly. I bought five Aracanas (can't spell it)....rumpless with beards at the feed store and added them to the Lil' Mob....same age as my hatch. They are some fighty chicks....run fast and they catch air....so this set up is better for them. Nice thing is they are staying warm enough and they spread out in the brooder. Lots of room. So....if they have to stay in for a while it will be okay....warned my DH when he said to fill her up on the second hatch he better hit town ready to build a third coop and run! Gotta have a place to put all these babies!

Last edited:
Loaded up one of my LG's today, one side is EE's and the other side Araucana's. This is kinda a "test run" to check the fertility. Never any problem with my EE's but am curious as to how the Araucana's will fare. Will start saving eggs to load up the other LG. I have the older style of LG egg turner in one incubator and after the motor burned up had a hard time finding a replacement as it is different than the newer turner motors. INCUBATOR WAREH'SE does stock a motor that works in the old type of turner.FYI just in case anyone needs a replacement...

Back
Top Bottom