Little Giant Incubation Experiment - Day 21 - Hatch Day!

Which model Little Giant do you prefer?

• Model 9200 (Manual controls)

Votes: 24 44.4%
  • Model 9300 (Digital controls)

Votes: 30 55.6%

• Total voters
So my one chick is doing really well, it was walking all over the incubator and knocking the eggs all over the place. I just removed it and put it into the brooder. The other eggs arent showing any signs of pipping at all. I'm hoping the chick knocking them around wont affect them hatching. :(

Happens all the time. Just watch for pips down toward the floor. If an egg got rolled, it might pip in an unexpected area. Sing to them, talk to them, play some music, or videos of chicks chirping.

AWESOME!!!

I found a seller that is going to ship a pair to us next week.... we are super excited. My daughter already named them... "Luke and Leia"

:)
That's great! I'm so happy for her!

So my one chick is doing really well, it was walking all over the incubator and knocking the eggs all over the place. I just removed it and put it into the brooder. The other eggs arent showing any signs of pipping at all. I'm hoping the chick knocking them around wont affect them hatching. :(
The "experts" will say no, it doesn't hurt them. I have my own doubts.

So I went and bought 3 chicks that I wanted. 1 polish, 1 cochin/silkie cross and 1 pure silkie and came with with 6. She gave me another polish, and 2 cochins! Lol! I hope my husband does not kill me! ;)

So I went and bought 3 chicks that I wanted. 1 polish, 1 cochin/silkie cross and 1 pure silkie and came with with 6. She gave me another polish, and 2 cochins! Lol! I hope my husband does not kill me! ;)

Haha that's what you call chicken math! Lol we hope he doesn't kill you too
1f609.png

Wanted to share a couple photos of our Hatched chicks..

These are two of the 9 BCM .... we put a couple in with the newly hatched Serama... You can really tell the size difference between them!

Thank you... we love them so much! We got the Eggs from a seller off BYC... If you are interested... I can give you her info :)

Michele

Wanted to share a couple photos of our Hatched chicks..

These are two of the 9 BCM .... we put a couple in with the newly hatched Serama... You can really tell the size difference between them!

Holy little bird...lol How cute. That is the way it was with my two Japanese Bantams this last hatch. They didn't look that small...until they are beside the others and then they look like midget chicks. We named them "Chibi" and "Sukoshi". Both names have a Japanese meaning of small or tiny.

hit.gif
Woke up to find Minny ( our Serama - had died) I found her first before my daughter- thankfully- But I am so sad about this. I knew that they had a high chance of dying in the shell but I thought that once they hatched - they were good? She didn't seem sick...or overly weak. I just don't know what happened.

Back
Top Bottom