Little Giant Incubator and turner

Thanks Crazy. Right now it is holding between 101 and 101.5 so maybe if I leave it alone and don't even look at it for the rest of the day I will be able to pu these eggs in tonight. I have noticed that you don't need to touch the knob or it will cut on. Very sensitive.

I may have lost a full load of maran eggs. I don't know what is a lot of money for eggs, but the maran eggs were 70 or 80.00 at 1:30 am perfect temps at 9:00am 107. over 100.00 worth eggs were in there.

OMG! I'm so sorry! Any egg is sad to lose, but bought ones are tougher to take...I cooked some of my very first eggs...I feel your pain.

How far along were they? Maybe the weren't that high that long? Keep us posted...

Try to find out if any BYCers in your immediate area have a bator. If someone has some space, I bet they'd be willing to incubate them for you. I don't have a bator, and a nice fellow nearby has offered to do that for me when the time comes. Just a thought from my personal experience with the nice folks on this forum.
smile.png

I know a lot of people say the Little giant electronic are the best thing since sliced light bread. I had 2 of them and they were "ok". I sold them. I have 3 hovabators with the "unreliable no good wafer thermostats". I think I will keep them till they wear out. I have had better luck with them regardless of things I have heard. Of course I do realize there are a lot of better incubators out there, but for the money you can't beat them...Just my 2 cents...
big_smile.png

I tried the Little Giant still air and hated it. It was so touchy and always got too hot.

I prefer the GQF hova bators for the styro ones - either the 1583 (wafer model) or 1588 (electronic model) are both excellent and more stable in my opinion.

Jody

Quote:
I have 3 Little Giants with air and turners. I've only had 7 hatches in them so
far but there is nothing wrong with them and they are getting a bad rep here.
If someone wants to try to hatch with a shoe box then they can do it. I had
a few great hatches and a few bad ones. The bad ones were due to shipped
eggs and bad thermometers.

Yes, the new Hova MissPrissy mentioned is better.

The best advice so far I've read here is from Crazyfowllady. They do take a while
to stabilize after adjusting them. Don't be in a rush. Make a TINY TINY TINY adjustment
then come back in an hour.

What type of thermometer are you using and where is it in the bator?
Are you using a wiggler?

Depending on the eggs there is no reason why you can't get a good hatch out
of a 9200. I've got a coop full of birds to prove it.

Your 101 may be fine depending on where your thermometer is. Mine run at 99 on the
mesh, 99.6 in the wiggler, 100.5 at egg level, and up to 103.5 at heater level.

The computer fan idea is 50/50. The fan kit is good but a computer fan is not
the same. I wouldn't mess with it at this point.

Some of my hatches:
PC130028.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom