Little Giant Incubator and turner

sounds like you just need to put that one aside and go get yourself the sportsman for your own sanity.

Either that or slip him a chill pill. It sounds to me as though he needs to keep his hands off of it for awhile and let things stabilize out. If you are messing with it several times a day, you will never get it stabilized and really won't know what did what, if that makes any sense to ya.

Sorry, I know this probly isn't the answer your looking for. But, you really need to make small adjustments and then leave it for at least half the day before trying something else.

Good luck to ya

This is an answer to tcbfan5's question. Sorry, forgot to qoute it.

Last edited:
I have a little giant, and I love it. Keep in mind that I have only incubated ONE time lol....but it was my first time and I had no problems at all.
I just bought a turner for it yesterday and cant wait to use it this weekend with my welsummer eggs!!! WOOT for the LG
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
he needs to set it and leave it. I finally figured it out after the first 2 day's of trying to get it right. When you do adjust make sure you only turn it a hair at the time. These things are so sensative!! You will love the bator once you figure out how to adjust it and get it stable....... GOODLUCK

Quote:
That's what I think too. Mine fluctuated a lot when I first got it, bouncing between 98 and 102, with dips to 97 and spikes to 103. As long as it's not at either extreme for long, it's ok. I had 12 of 13 eggs hatch in mine with all the goofy temps.

I have since added a pc fan to mine, which really helps with the humidity. The temp regulated on it's own. I DID NOT NEED the fan for the temp.

Add some water bottles or fill it with eggs to help hold temps. I leave any clear eggs in mine unless they start stinking to help hold it.

Last edited:
Quote:
I agree with that. Mine is very sensitive to the room temp. If the a/c is on, it's not as bad, but if the heat is on, WOOO BOY, does it climb!! Put it in a room where it does not get any direct heat/air from your heating and cooling system, and let it be. I read someone's post a while back that said to turn it all the way up until the thermometer reads 100, then turn it back till the light turns off, and it will hold the temp. Not sure, as mine has not been turned off since June!

I have an LG and once I figured out about making small adjustments it has worked well. I have a temperature change of about 1 degree from when it is cold in am to afternoon when it has warmed up, but don't have to adjust anymore. Once you get eggs in it the temp stabilizes even more. That said, I have a Hovabator Genesis 1588 on my christmas list- then the LG will become a hatcher.

I have a LG and it seems to be pretty steady. This is my first hatch with some eggs that were shipped from NY and I'm in Washington State, so they came a LONG way
wink.png
. I have candled them and I also am hatching some eggs from my own flock and most of my own eggs are doing well, but not as many of the shipped eggs are, which I gather is normal. Otherwise, I don't have anything negative to say about the LG. Hope this helps!
frow.gif

being new to this board an hearing about the bator that I just bought (lg) makes me want to take it back. I am not ready to hatch any eggs now because I am trying to build my hen house. I think I will set it up an try to adjust it. I bought the 9200 with a egg tuner an the fan is in the mail. I use to have chickens years ago an they were bought as chicks. (cross called super layers) This is the first time trying to hatch any. So I know I will be on this board asking for help.

Back
Top Bottom