Little Giant Incubator and turner

Barnyard

Addicted to Quack
12 Years
Aug 5, 2007
Southwest Georgia
I bought a Little Giant bator and turner yesterday from my TS . I am having the hardest time getting this thing to settle out. I finally got my humidity right , but that temp is just all over the place. What do I need to do to get it to settle. Also what is the highest the temp should be in there. I know between 101 and 102 is what it should be but what is "too high"?? Thanks.

Oh it is a still air.

Tiffany

Last edited:
I HATE MY LITTLE GIANT!! I get very bad results with my little giant. If you can exchange it do it. A shoe box with a light bulb and bottle of H20 would probably work better:old

That is what I am worried about. I have 18 eggs waiting to go in it.
barnie.gif

I have been using a hovabator and I love it, but it is full.

I bought one yesterday to use as a hatcher and I got it up and running in a hour. I used a wet bulb therometer to set the temps and it's running at 99.2 since last night. So I would think you might have a bad one I'd take it back and get a different one. Oh I did put a computer fan in mine so I don't know if that helped it or not.

My Dh had suggested putting a computer fan in this one. I don't know what to do. I have these eggs that need to go in a bator like now. But I don't want to lose them all either.
barnie.gif
barnie.gif
he.gif
he.gif

Quote:
I knew you were gonna say that....
tongue.png

I have a hova bator that I am using now and I love it. It is the older one though.
I bought this one yesterday because I have a batch of eggs that were gave to me and they had been sitting for about a week before I got them. So they need to go in a bator quick.

Well, I'm no expert, but I have three little giants and have gotten some great hatches the last couple of years. Just got my first hova bator and got it up and running last week. The biggest difference between the two are the adjustment nobs. The little giant only needs the slightest touch to take it higher or lower. I ran mine at 100 for the still air, and it takes it a while to stabilize. The biggest thing I learned quick was to get it set and absolutely leave it alone! Get it close to 100 and slowly, over a few hour period, slightly (sometimes just squeeze) adjust higher or lower. Don't keep adjusting, close is good enough! Once set, if the thermostat is working, there is very little fluctuation in the temp. Something I see in the hova bator.

On another note, my very first little giant had a bad thermostat and would spike all on its own. If you think that is the problem, exchange it. Hope you can get yours up and going! Good luck!

Dreaming of a Sportsman!!!
ya.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom